Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

107 for Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lkr0
I'm using the SE spring with 92 -- I tried it with the 84 but it slipped and grabbed badly -- i may not notice the extra pull -- I have a Scorpion on my other bike with all red (heavy duty) springs the lever pull is heavy to say the least -- can't afford to change out the clutch right now so I have to live with it

Thanks Lyn! I fried my basket using the stock spring with the HQ 107, even though the numbers were low at 108 torque and 107 horse.

I suspect I'll have much better torque with this new build due to lower compression, which is why I choose this build...I'll know in a few days after break in.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:52 PM
secondtimearound
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadgliderick
iam thinking of going with the fuel moto 107 kit very reasonable price. i just ordered the woods 555 cam kit from fuel moto very good price comes complete with everything shoud be here by saturday. cant wait.
just curious, what did you pay for the woods 555 cam kit?
Are you going to run them before you do the 107". let us know
what you think if you do !!!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by secondtimearound
just curious, what did you pay for the woods 555 cam kit?
Are you going to run them before you do the 107". let us know
what you think if you do !!!

the cam kit cost me $580.00 shipped. yes iam doing the cams first if iam not happy with the performance with just the cams then i will do the 107. iam doing the cams this monday i bought the gary beatty bearing tool and it looks to be a nice tool for the price. my cam locking tool will be here on monday along with the cam kit. i will keep u posted.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it think.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...questions.html

granted this is a couple of years ago, but contact some of these same people today and get their opinions. Personally I have no dog in this fight but it seems to pique some interest.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
scot210
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about Axtell. They have 97" 107", 117", and 124".

Old 01-14-2011, 01:49 PM
secondtimearound
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scot210
What about Axtell. They have 97" 107", 117", and 124".
unless I'm mistaken, I believe Axtell's 107" kit requires the cases to be bored for the cylinders.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:54 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by springer 03

granted this is a couple of years ago, but contact some of these same people today and get their opinions. Personally I have no dog in this fight but it seems to pique some interest.
Everytime something new is developed they can R&D it all they want, but the real research doesn't come untill the product has hit the open market for real world testing. With any new technology there is bound to be failures of some sort. Ever wonder why the 6 speed came out in the Dynas a year before the rest of the big twins got them? Yeah, to work the bugs out. What about ABS and TBW? I would imagine we'll be seeing them on the non-touring models in the not so distant future. There's been talk about liquid cooling coming to the HD line up in the near future as well i wonder if that is why they have the V-rod, for testing. I bet it is. What about when Harley went FI? They still had carbed options as well. FuelMoto just put together a 107 package, they are doing there in house testing, testing on their personal bikes and whatever else they are doing, but the real testing begings when the kit gets out in the marketplace for others to try, if they have something go wrong at have to make some revisions, does that mean that their company now sucks? No, it just means that they would have to do some more developing. With any luck it'll all go smooth for them, but who knows. The 107 is popuar
lar because people want to make the big power without the expense lof tearing into the bottom end, that's fine, but to acheive the numbers some of these companies are getting there is bound to be some problems along the way. Who's fault will it be when the stock bottom ends start coming apart because they weren't designed to handle the added HP? You find just about any company out there and i'll gaurantee you they've had a design flaw or two.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:58 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by secondtimearound
unless I'm mistaken, I believe Axtell's 107" kit requires the cases to be bored for the cylinders.
No, cases don't need bored untill you go 110" or larger.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:00 PM
secondtimearound
Intermediate

Originally Posted by springer 03

your quoting stuff from 2008. that person had a problem THEN. their processes have changed since that, and to my knowledge, haven't had problems since, so unless you can show something recent ,or some first hand experience, then your posts don't carry much weight ( in my opinion )

Old 01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
secondtimearound
Intermediate

Originally Posted by harleytuner
No, cases don't need bored untill you go 110" or larger.
ok, thanks. good to know. I did ask my builder his opinion on Axtell vs revolution perf. and he prefers revolution. I have to go with his experience. I'm
a machinist of 30 years, but have to listen to those who do this for a living.

Quick Reply: 107 for Baggers