Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

107 for Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:48 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lkr0
it may or may not make the clutch strong enough -- my clutch with heavier spring was slipping went with AIM T-92 http://www.aim-tamachi.com/home.php?cat=18-- it won't slip with it on the bike.
I used the VP92T on my last Head Quarters 107 build along with the SE spring. I did not like the amount of lever effort required.

I will finish my Fuel Moto 107" today and I'm going to try using the VP92T with the stock spring that came with the 103 power-pak.

What spring are you using?

Old 01-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by springer 03
Only fools repeat the same things and expect different results. Even if they have cleaned up their act, too many ghosts in the closet to take a chance.
Only fools think something cant be made better. It's called trial and error.

I for one ain't afraid of ghost. Nor, are a lot of builders out there now too...including my builder.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:10 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,157 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by CigarCritic
I used the VP92T on my last Head Quarters 107 build along with the SE spring. I did not like the amount of lever effort required.

I will finish my Fuel Moto 107" today and I'm going to try using the VP92T with the stock spring that came with the 103 power-pak.

We have used the stock spring in every single 107" bike that we have built, including my personal bike and have not ran into any issues. Our kit also does not require compression releases, the CCP generally runs in the 190 range and starts excellent.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-14-2011, 11:20 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We have used the stock spring in every single 107" bike that we have built, including my personal bike and have not ran into any issues. Our kit also does not require compression releases, the CCP generally runs in the 190 range and starts excellent.
Thanks Jamie.

-Tim

Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 AM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the SE spring in when putting the motor back together, more because I had one on hand rather than feeling I needed it. My riding style these days is more rolling into the throttle than hole shots & wheelies so far so good

Old 01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brypink
Only fools think something cant be made better. It's called trial and error.

I for one ain't afraid of ghost. Nor, are a lot of builders out there now too...including my builder.
Let somebody else be their beta tester. There are a lot of options out there. I'm happy for you that you aren't afraid of ghosts and your builder isn't either.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Let somebody else be their beta tester. There are a lot of options out there. I'm happy for you that you aren't afraid of ghosts and your builder isn't either.
LOL Dude, I almost said it last post but decided not to...but, DAMN...you must be getting old. The "ghost" comment was a joke about your comment.

Beta tester? That's funny...their cylinders have been proven over and over. My bike is living proof for one. IIRC, the issue was with one individual that started a **** storm that caught like wild fire because of the internet (forums). And, you fed right into it...still today after all this time.

Do you actually have first hand experience with the RevPerf cylinders? I have. Just sayin'.

Relax live by your signature quote, don't bitch and complain and offer real first hand experience if you have it. Most of all...quit acting old.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
secondtimearound
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pages and pages have been posted here and on other sites. No need to rehash, do some searching.
Since your bringing up some problems a company had years ago, can you quote anything within the last 2 years. I'd like to see that if you can. their cylinders are used in airplane engines and rice burners all over europe. there are always bugs to work out while developing new technology. invention of the wheel might be an example. started out square didn't it. LOL

Old 01-14-2011, 12:26 PM
secondtimearound
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres really not that many options out there unless your willing to bore your cases bigger to fit the barrels ,or bore out your stock cylinders to 107" and have a thin wall cylinder. I wanted a bolt on kit.
My builder uses them as well, and has dyno sheets with 135tq and 125hp and no issues.
You may stand still, but technology doesn't.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm using the SE spring with 92 -- I tried it with the 84 but it slipped and grabbed badly -- i may not notice the extra pull -- I have a Scorpion on my other bike with all red (heavy duty) springs the lever pull is heavy to say the least -- can't afford to change out the clutch right now so I have to live with it
Originally Posted by CigarCritic

Quick Reply: 107 for Baggers