Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Gear - What do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:23 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stopped by a Cabela's this afternoon while out riding and tried on the Frogg Toggs Road Tek rainsuit. They didn't have the color I wanted, so may have to mail order it.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 PM
airchuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought Icon. I really like it.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,161 Likes on 3,674 Posts

Originally Posted by gregorysfd
I use the HD HI-VIS gortex rain suit. , I bought it at Deadwood in 2009 during the rally. Rode on I90 at 75 in the pouring rain , didn't get wet at all and good to be able to been seen.
So you know....

Old 01-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rkoivisto
That's what I thought until the wife and I got caught in a real rain last year. The Frog Togs are OK until you get into serious rain. By the time we got home we were both saturated.

Get the HD stuff and move on!
Left Ohio and 300 miles later in TN in a rain that had cars pulling over the only thing wet was my hands and feet. It is basically gortex without the outer protective cover. They will melt as others have said. But a simple iron on patch either from Frog Togs or a simple ironing board iron on protector on the leg works great and you will not have a problem. I am still using my first set that are over four seasons old. Used them every single day for a week riding the Smokies and no issues. Dry them out at the hotel before stowing them away long term though. Avoid the musties.
Jeff

Old 01-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Another vote for HD Hi Vis Rain gear. I bought the Gaiter's also to go over my boots. Works like a charm. Amazom has the Rain Gaiter's on sale for 38.00 $$$

Old 01-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Tek74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking at the Harley Overpass II Rain Suit, which run $150 - $160. I did a quick Ebay search and found the suit for $85 at a Harley shop 40 minutes from my house, so I folded. Upon pick up, they stated that the price was so low becasue they chose not to carry the product any more. Regardless, it looks to be great quality, with reflective material and exhaust pipe guards. Now if it would just stop snowing and start raining.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Last edited by Tek74; 01-15-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:08 PM
larry bart
Road Master
Received 293 Likes on 114 Posts

+1 Frogg Togg

Old 01-15-2011, 09:20 PM
jlfabian
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Frogg Toggs Road Toggs (or whatever they are called - the wine is getting to me ). Have to admit that I have yet had an opportunity to try them out. It rained on me once since I bought them, but I didn't stop and put them on. They do, however, fit nicely into and have a wonderful look in the saddlebag. As regards the actual fit, they are baggy as hell. An old, fat fart like me looks good in them

I have it in my bucket list to actually ride with them on during a rain storm. I do try to set achievable goals and any reason to ride is good enough for me.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Devo6684
Road Captain

I use a Field and Stream 2 piece rain suit that I bought for fishing trips. It is a cloth type fabric and works great for me. Does not melt on the pipes- or it has not yet. cost about $100

I don't intentionally try to ride in the rain, however, I have been caught and the suit worked great. The only wish it was not dark blue for safety issues.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:17 AM
2001NightTrain
Cruiser
Default HI-Vis gear. Gore Tex?

I have spent a lot of time researching rain gear on this site and elsewhere. I'm looking to buy a good set but not necessarily break the bank. I'm willing to pay for performance. I'm leaning towards the Harley HI-Vis suit. My question is...everyone says get the Harley gore Tex. Which Harley one is actually gore Tex??? I don't think the hi Vis is gore Tex. I don't think the 360 one is gore Tex either. Is the overpass gore Tex? If the overpass is the only gore Tex one then I might go with the hi Vis. Don't normally like the bright colors but been caught n the bad rain and the colors may save your azz as far as a cager seeing you. Any help is appreciated.

Quick Reply: Rain Gear - What do you use?