Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windscreen Bags

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:44 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
I've got the 3 T-bag setup. No gaps and it fits perfectly on my SG windscreen.
+1 On the T-Bags. Works great for me as well.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SciFiGuy
+1 On the T-Bags. Works great for me as well.

That is the setup I was looking at. does it block much of your vision or is it too low to be a bother?

Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

I too have the Tbag, as you see from the photo above, it is contoured so fits nicely, the 2 outer pockets are a funny shape, but I get use from them for smaller items.

the downsides are: the bottom of the pouches can scuff up the dash- after the first ride ( and after asking here) I applied loop velcro to the top of the dash to prevent scuffing- I can remove the velcro if I change anything and clean up residue easily.
also the pouches don't "lock in" and could be stolen, but that goes for alot of things on the bike- the thief would need to use a tool to loosen the windscreen first.

the H-D 3 pouch has the 3 big boxy pouches, which sit up above the dash. the assembly does "lock in" although it could be stolen, just takes 3 minutes instead of 2.
the unit can will scuff the backside of the windscreen badly unless some type of bumper is used.

I much prefer the tbag

mike

Old 01-12-2011, 01:35 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
That is the setup I was looking at. does it block much of your vision or is it too low to be a bother?
No it doesn't block your vision at all. Its designed to work with a 4" shield so if you can see over a 4" shield you should have no problems.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:15 PM
tkeswede
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SciFiGuy, where did you get the harley emblem to cover up the t-bags logo? Looks great.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:18 PM
tkeswede
6th Gear

SciFiGuy, where did you get the harley emblem to cover the tpbags logo? Looks great!!

Old 01-13-2011, 05:48 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
I too have the Tbag, as you see from the photo above, it is contoured so fits nicely, the 2 outer pockets are a funny shape, but I get use from them for smaller items.

the downsides are: the bottom of the pouches can scuff up the dash- after the first ride ( and after asking here) I applied loop velcro to the top of the dash to prevent scuffing- I can remove the velcro if I change anything and clean up residue easily.
also the pouches don't "lock in" and could be stolen, but that goes for alot of things on the bike- the thief would need to use a tool to loosen the windscreen first.

the H-D 3 pouch has the 3 big boxy pouches, which sit up above the dash. the assembly does "lock in" although it could be stolen, just takes 3 minutes instead of 2.
the unit can will scuff the backside of the windscreen badly unless some type of bumper is used.

I much prefer the tbag

mike

Thanks jackja25.

After a while the velcro will leave a permanent residue and stain your dash, don't leave it there too long. It will look much worse than scuff marks.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Robert_W
Tourer

Originally Posted by jjnoble
Thanks jackja25.

After a while the velcro will leave a permanent residue and stain your dash, don't leave it there too long. It will look much worse than scuff marks.
I don't have the windshield bags, but I wonder if the clear coating (Dupont maybe?) some riders have been applying to the tops of their saddlebag lids would work to reduce the scuff marks on the inner fairing or windshield.

Ride safe,

Bob.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:55 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master

Originally Posted by tkeswede
SciFiGuy, where did you get the harley emblem to cover up the t-bags logo? Looks great.
Local dealer. HD part #91716-02
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 01-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Korbenw7p3c
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
I am looking at getting the three bags that mount at the bottom of the windscreen / top of the dash for my Electra Glide. Wondering who has them. Are they durable and are they useful? I was hoping to keep glasses and other small items in them so that they are available when touring. They are about $100 so I figured it was worth asking before I plunked down the cash.
I bought and used the three pouch from the MoCo and had it on my previous '08 Ultra. The wife and I used it every ride. Kept water away well and had good durability. Down side was the windshield scuffing it caused. Never shimmed it as it was too late by the time I really saw it good.

The T-bag one was/is very apealing to me to use on my FLHX, but had read on another forum, or somewhere from users, that the "hinged flap" wore out, cracked and some broke. T-bag was said to have replaced them for them and there is now a bettere version out there. Old version had a "plastic" hinge on them.
Current owners, can you chime in and give me the scoop on the T-Bag durability?

Last edited by Korbenw7p3c; 01-13-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: couldn't spell "hinge"!

Quick Reply: Windscreen Bags