Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:23 AM
stew5665
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake light problem!!!

Ok, I have been searching on here for what seems like forever, so if this is answered somewhere else, just point the way cause I can't find anything close!!! I just got done installing 16" apes on my '05 Road King and came across the usual problems, pinched wire for turnsignal of course. Got that all taken care of then found a new problem. I have the run/stop/turn setup with the stop flash on stock center/tail light with the LED turnsignals. Everything worked fine for about a week after the bar install and now I do not have the main brake light. The only brake lights I have now are from the LED turnsignals. The tail light still lights up for the running light, but no brake light. I did no work or wiring on the rear of the bike and have tried the 'ol new bulb and fuse check approach with no change.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this??? Guess the confusion for me is that the turns signals are still lighting up for stop, why is the tail light not! I'm just too close to the problem and need someone not ready to pull their hair out to slap me with the obvious solution or suggestions of where to begin.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

What brake light do you have? Do you have the HD turn sig's or something else? If you are using the HD sig's it probally isn't related to the work you did up front because they work off the same circuit. You aren't giving a lot of info here.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:03 AM
stew5665
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock tail light with kuryakyn bullet LED turn signals hard wired in all the way around with load equalizer. Have checked the underside of the fender and confirmed that I haven't bottomed out and damaged the wire loom running to the rear. All the lights on the bike are operational except the main brake.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:16 AM
head
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

unplug the convertor module and plug it back to stock to see what you get.

mike