Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old is to old

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
that's all I got!!
Looks like somebody is shamelessly adding to their post count.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

I figure as long as I can handle the Ultra and stand it up if I drop it I will continue to ride.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Aslan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be 63 in a week and I'm looking forward to another season just like always.
Can't wait for the warm weather.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:39 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 16,074 Likes on 5,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
Looks like somebody is shamelessly adding to their post count.
like I give a f****** rats *** about post count, get ****ing real moron!

Old 01-11-2011, 05:40 PM
tenn.vol.
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I plan on riding till the first time I forget to put down my feet when I come to a stop.
Then I will look for a trike! Tenn.Vol.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:09 PM
marvin4239
Intermediate

I'll be 63 on the 23rd and I've been riding since I was 14. Last September I t-boned a Toyota and totaled my 03 Night Train. I was lucky and escaped with minor road rash and two broken ribs. When I was released from the hospital I was temporarily put on oxygen when I came home (emphysema). After about a week of sitting around on the couch feeling down in the dumps my daughter told me I needed to get up and move around to prevent getting pneumonia. I took her advice and loaded my roll around oxygen bottle in my buddies car and got him to take me to the Harley dealer where I bought a brand new 2010 Road Glide Custom. Never had a bike with a radio! My daughter and a couple friends weren't impressed. Got about 6,000 miles on the new ride and I'll quit when I decide it's time! My riding buddy is 72.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:27 PM
jdhickm
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 1 Post

I'm 75, and been riding since I was 17. Wouldn't be without my e-glide. Just sayin.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last year I had a couple of non riders tell me I was too old to ride. Poor bastards. I figure if I begin dropping the bike while parking, I'll throw a sidecar on it and get a dog to ride with. Thats my plan.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:49 PM
JCloud
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be 62 this year… never thought about being old. I ride with a buddy that just turned 72 last week. I never felt better and I have never enjoyed riding more. I guess the other part to this story is that I just got to the place in my life where I can afford what I want and I have time to ride as much as I want to. I guess I will have to stop riding someday, but I will decide when that day is and I will not ask anyone opinion or advice. RIDE and enjoy life !!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Vern1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chaffeekid
Thanks Everyone for the support, especially those in age brackets senior to mine. I hope to keep riding through my 70's and who the heck knows when. As some has said, I'd rather be riding than sitting in a rocker rotting away in a nursing home!!
Man I can't wait for spring, just got a new 14inch windshield for the Ultra and will be putting it on, that 10 inch cuts right across my vision line.
Got new 9 spoke wagon wheels coming to replace the spokes, don't like spokes, to much maintenance, to hard to clean, am I rambling?
If you are going down the road and see an Ultra with a chrome USMC and Chrome Eagle globe and anchor on it give me a finger, its Me
I started riding in 1962 on Okinawa on a 125 cc Tohatsu, had Nortons, Yamaha's Honda's Triumph's three sportsters, loved my 77XLCH, and a 78FLH. A 96 Electra Glide and my 2004 Ultra round out the list. PS did I say my wife is also a Harley lover, we rode that old FLH all over Southern California while I was stationed at Camp Pendleton.
Ride Safe Y'all
Thanks again for all the wonderful responses

Greetings,
With a to do list like that for your bike and the riding history, I think you are good for some time still!
You got me by a few years but I'll keep going until I can't do it safely anymore. While my reflexes may not be so fast anymore, I just ride a little slower and try to think further ahead to compensate.

Quick Reply: How old is to old