Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old is to old

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 PM
blueduramax
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just started riding big bikes at age 72. 73 now and looking forward to summer! Enjoying fixing up my recently purchased street glide.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Naysayers are meant to be ignored and mocked. Age affects us all differently. Some get **** on early, others do the shittin'.

Ride as long as you are physically able, as long as you can hear and see reasonably well, and have the mental acuity to stay focused (but not tunnel visioned)!

If you can check all those boxes, ride the damn thing like a scalded bitch!!

Old 01-11-2011, 02:46 PM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have met harley riders in thier 80's, you'l know when it's time to quit.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:00 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think when you start farting dust then your too old.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:02 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member

I'll be 66 in February. Planning on making my 3 rd trip to Sturgis this summer. Don't pay attention to other peoples opinions about riding your bike. If you know you can still handle the bike safely keep on riding. Some people think that when you hit your 60's you're supposed to sit around and do nothing. BS on that. Keep on keepin on!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 PM
johnelmo
Intermediate

Keep riding!!! I will be 70 come September. Been on bikes since I was 14. Have had and have a few health issues due to Nam, yet I am encouraged to ride by my VA doctor and my girl friend. I left bikes for just a few years when I wasn't doing well. Not riding did not help. My FXDF is the best pain reliever and best vitamin ever. God speed.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:07 PM
HAWGMAN
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default How old is to old

Dude, its not the years in your life, its the life in your years !!!
If Ya feel up to it, let the good times roll !
You only go thru life one time, so while Ya feel like it, get your roll on !!!
I'm only 61 and had a heart attack last April, blew a heart valve 4 days later, got a pacemaker and defibulator in September, and was in the middle of a cardiac ablasion last Thursday when there was a malfunction in the computer and they had to stop .
I have not been allowed to ride or drive since November ( although I do sneak out on accasion).
I'm wating for warm weather and I'm gona roll somewhere.
So like I said ,If Ya feel like it ---Do It !! You will know when its time to just say NO !!
Happy Trail's

Old 01-11-2011, 03:10 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a teenager at 58 compared to some here and I plan to ride on 2 wheels till I can't hold it up straight any longer-- then I'll check out one of those newfangled 3 wheel HD trikes.....

Old 01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaffeekid
Ok, so I'll be turning 67 in a couple of months, still doing really well, but been getting flack from some people about still riding (and enjoying myself).
I can still lift 80# sacks of cement and work all day, no balance problems. Ok, so I had a heart attack and quad bypass and some skin cancers, but I attribute those to my military service in some really great places.
They used to advertize, "Join the military, go to exotic places meet new people and KILL them".
Anyhoo, just wondering how old some of the other GEEZER operators are on the fourm.
When I'm on my Harley, going down some two lane road through the hills, man I am only about 35 at the most, doesn't get any better than that!
Ride Safe
They also used to advertise "Join the Navy and see the world". They forgot to tell me that the part of the world I'd get to see is the 2/3 that's covered with water.

As to what's to old, well I'll let you know when I get there. I'm only 62 and I think I still have enough gas in the tank to get me around the block a few more times. Now that I'm retired, I'm logging more miles than when I had to go to work every day and I'm enjoying it as much as I ever did.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Fathead2003
Tourer

My brothers riding buddy is 76 and has no problem riding his roadking.

Quick Reply: How old is to old