Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old is to old

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 01:02 PM
mnskip
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

61 and still having fun. You guys give me hope and inspire me.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:10 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Last summer I met a guy in a gas station in Nebraska, talked briefly and then went on our ways. Later that evening I ran into him again in Colorado. I had checked into a motel and walked next door for dinner. I was out front having a smoke and he pulled in. We had dinner together and in our conversation he told me he was 75 years old. So here's this 75 year-old guy, riding from Iowa to Los Angeles, on a Dyna nonetheless without even a windshield. I was on my Duece but I at least had a small windshield to keep the wind off my chest. I'm 57 now and hope to be in the other guy's shoes a few years down the road.

Keep Going!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:24 PM
VTGlideRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gotten flack from non-riders who say I'm 53, when am I gonna grow up cause the time for bicycles is long gone. If that's what it means to grow up then I hope I never do!

I just got my first Harley last June after wanting one all my life, and you can bet your a** I will be on that thing until I can't throw my leg over it any more and/or can't ride safely any longer.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
VandalENG
Advanced

I just turned 51. My Dad will be 74 this year and is thinking about getting his 4th GW. I'm haveing alot of fun riding with him. He blows me away when we get to the twisties. So I think I'll be riding (God willing) for a long time.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
sailorrudy
Intermediate

I'm 71 and just getting started.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:42 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

I answered this question for me back in June 2010, with this thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-that-old.html

"Last Friday the weather was great so I went out for a ride and just happened to go down Quarry Rd. Quarry road is a curvy road that goes past (you guessed it!) a quarry in Amherst, Ohio, the "Sandstone Capitol of the World".
Anyway I come up behind a bike going very slow, maybe 25 mph. Even though the road is curvy I usually do 30 to 35 mph. For some reason I decide to take it easy and fall in behind the other bike puttering down the road. The other bike appears to be an old Heritage in pretty good condition. Quarry Rd. ends in a tee and the slow bike is going to turn right. I am going left so I pull up almost beside the slow bike. Riding this old Heritage is the oldest rider I have ever seen! He looked to be 90 if he was a day! He looks over at me, nods and putters off down the the street to the right.
I only hope that should I, by some wild coincidence happen to live that long can still enjoy myself with good ride on a beautiful day....."

I still feel that way!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:46 PM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

read rec where a local 93 y old man died of injuries from slamming into the back of a parked veh inside his mobile home park. God bless him i understand his need to ride and as good a way as any to go.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:58 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Will be 66 in March and see no reason to quit for a very long time. It pays to keep physically and mentally fit.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:00 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

A friend saw me getting off my SG the other day in the Walmart parking lot. He didn't know I rode a Harley and told me, in all seriousness, that I was too young for a motorcycle like that.

I'm 53.

Beary

Old 01-11-2011, 02:09 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

For myself, I have decided on 72 and a half which is in two years and 6 months. I should have met my goal of all 48 continental states and all Canadian Provence's. At that point I will give each of my three sons one of my bikes. I will keep the Ultra and FXSTC for local riding.

What I will give up is the long distance touring. This years trip down to the Keys and the southern states resulted in three vehicles trying to run me over. Due to my extreme defensive riding, I managed to avoid them.

I live in a rural Midwestern area of light traffic. So at the end of 2013, I will limit myself to relaxed local cruising which I plan to do until they plant me.

Quick Reply: How old is to old