Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How old is to old

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:58 AM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will know when you cant ride if your not to head strong or stubern as as mule. Funny story in Laughlin one year we were out at Oatman and this old guy and I can call him old as he told us he was 83 and I did not question him at all. Any way he rides up on this street glide and stops right in the street and just waits. With a gazillion bikes trying to migrate through town we all kind of wondered what the??? He had a no worried look on his face just looked like he was waiting for something looking straight head. Well his son a proud serving military man parks his ride then goes over to dad as helps him dismount and the son parked the bike for the old dude. It was pretty cool to see them two just living life doing it there way. The old guy was funny as hell as he explained his capabilities or lack of certain ones he even said he still flies his crop duster to breakfast with the boys quite often. He said he new he was going to die one day to go be with the love of his life but was not going to wait around for that day and he was going to come in through the pearly gates with a dust cloud behind his a$$.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 AM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaffeekid
Ok, so I'll be turning 67 in a couple of months, still doing really well, but been getting flack from some people about still riding (and enjoying myself).
I can still lift 80# sacks of cement and work all day, no balance problems. Ok, so I had a heart attack and quad bypass and some skin cancers, but I attribute those to my military service in some really great places.
They used to advertize, "Join the military, go to exotic places meet new people and KILL them".
Anyhoo, just wondering how old some of the other GEEZER operators are on the fourm.
When I'm on my Harley, going down some two lane road through the hills, man I am only about 35 at the most, doesn't get any better than that!
Ride Safe
I have a friend that is 70 and still rides his bike cross country and back at least 3 times a year. I'm only 50 and I hope I'm blessed enough to still be riding at 70.

Old Guys Rule...

Old 01-12-2011, 09:15 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Me too!

Like said before me - I'll keep riding till I can't rock it off the stand - then there's the Tri-Glide!
BTW - 56 and not bothering to count -

Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM
sooie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's all cool to still ride when your 90 but just think of who your going to kill when you can't stop or make that turn like you did when you was 70 !
just like driving a cage it's the left pedal not the right one to stop !!!!

every body is different i do understand
would be really bad to keep riding when you should not be riding just to say i still ride and i'm 90 but my kid has to help me park my scoot and i kill a 16 year old that just started to drive and started life.

this thread could go on forever

just ride smart

Old 01-12-2011, 09:47 AM
griffy
Intermediate

Well I saw on the news that a 93 year old man was riding his bike in Florida, I believe somewhere near Orlanda when he ran into the back of a Van and was killed. Guess he was doing what he wanted to do. Me I am 68 and have been riding Motorcycles since I was 14. Griffy

Old 01-12-2011, 09:51 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

Riding a motorcycle keeps you sharp and focused, way past your friends who don't ride.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:59 AM
itsmf
Tourer
Received 115 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Old Rider

I am 67,and will be making my 29th riding trip to Daytona this year! I started going down in 1980.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
jerryleon
Cruiser

wellll...here is hope for you "Pups" I will soon be 71 and still do 12-15K a year...

2009 ultra classic

Old 01-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Bigiron
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 69 years old and have been riding since I was 9 yrs old. Can't imagine not riding my Limited. When I reach the point that I cannot hold up a heavy bike, I will consider a trike. As long as my health allows, I will ride.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:36 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

As long as you can throw a leg over the ultra ride it! If balance becomes an issue, then the choices are ghost wheels or the Tri Glide.

Quick Reply: How old is to old