Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle wheel Chock

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Self-cradleing chock by Bike Pro.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:33 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We bought a couple of Condors at Sturgis last year. They were $219.00 shipped. We mounted them in the trailer but haven't gotten to use them yet. They seem to be well built and sturdy. I guess we'll find out how they work in August.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:39 AM
chateau
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought a trailer that was all set up for an ultra. I'm 64 and never have loaded a bike into trailer. Eased the bike up in there, front wheel clicked in, stood there all by itself while strapped it down. Went to back it out and me and the wife could not move it out of that chock. {we wiegh around 210lbs. combined, I'm 5'8}, moved ratchet straps to rear d-rings, 3 clicks and we are out. Love that chock. Don't go cheap there.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 AM
chateau
Cruiser
Default How good is good?

Just bought a trailer all set up for an ultra, my bike is a classic. has one of those ride into chck that locks your tire in so you can get off, bike stands there all by itself, and strap the thing down. Perfect. Now I go to back the bike out of the thing and it won't budge. My problem is I'm 5'8 120 lbs. 90 lb. wife ain't no help. solution was to move ratchet straps to rear d-rings, 3 clicks and we're out . Love that chock now. get one that you can trust.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

subscribed - so's I can follow......

Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
LeDouxit
Advanced

Harbor Freight here! I run mine in the back of my truck at least 2000 miles every winter with great luck. I am going on 3 years with it and it has been awesome! They are a snap to install and surprisingly well built. Hope this helps.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:08 AM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the HF ones in my trailer and on my table lift. They work great! Use the bottom hole for the pivot arm so you clear the fender. I've used them with both softails and tourers, no problems. Ride it in, get off, strap it down.

You can spend 4x the money, but why? These things are built very, very well.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
Looks good but I don't understand quite how you get the front wheel past this device and then get the bike straight with manipulating back and forth many times, or am I missing the point
When I load my bike, I ride it to the rear of the trailer and ramp... get off my bike... place the 'receiver bar' under my engine area on the frame (takes maybe a min) get back on the bike, start it up - ride up the ramp & and throught the clamp that is bolted to the floor of the trailer - stop when the receiver bar on my bike is right at the clamp - then move forward - CLICK - its now locked together and the bike is going NOwhere... Very solid... turn off the bike, get off and away you go...

Once you see it in operation - you will be sold on how easy and secure it all is.. Like I said, its not cheap but I can load my bike all by my self with NO help and NO straps...

longest I have used it.. Turlock, CA to Utah.. NO problems at all

Old 01-11-2011, 11:37 AM
jivo
Club Member

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Wheeldock is good what I had before went with this ... No Straps No Worries just lock down and forget it..

http://www.bikersgostrapless.com/
+1 on this device. I can ride my Ultra right into it, and it is locked down solidly. Can remove the bike by myself also. Hauled it to FL and back last year and plan to do it again in March. Outstanding device.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Cycle Pro

I use a cycle pro in an enclosed trailer and it works great.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle wheel Chock