Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wood TW-555 vs SE255 Cam Dyno Comparison by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Finnster1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain68
This is a great thread. As usual, nothing but the best from Fuel Moto. BTW, I came home to find my 107 kit delivered by the brown truck. I'm looking forward to getting everything back together.

Subscribed...Just kidding! Just seeing if anyone is paying attention!
You got me! I knew you were kidding though when you said "brown truck" cause mine in enroute and they use USPS Priority mail

Old 01-17-2011, 04:04 PM
roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts
Default 255 /tw555

Great comparison, it seems even the SE-255 is not a bad cam for bolt in. The problems we will be facing soon will be the degradation of gas available, E-10/E-15 on the horizon. Will tuners be able to adapt to more alcohol and less BTU's, is anyone using a 54H in the 2011 Road Glide Ultra with out any head or gaket work?

Old 01-17-2011, 05:37 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

got my 555s in my bike and iam totally satisfied with this set up garcou aka shane was a big help for me to get my bike running the way it is. he walked me through the whole ordeal over the phone. i started getting confused with the push rod adjustment shane offered me his phone number said if i needed any help to call him. and i did i felt as though i was bothering him but he was happy to help me out. thanks shane and to all that has giving me the ***** to attemp this mod. i said i wouldnt do a big bore just cams but now iam thinking very hard to do the 107 threw hillside or tman not sure yet i think i will ride for awhile this set up for now and see what the future holds. for those of u that wanna know about the 555s buy em iam very happy with them and i highly recommend fuel moto for the purchase these guys are great. and if can do this job anyone can with the help of the guys on this forum if i wasnt apart of this forum i would have paid someone to do the job. thanks to all and ride safe.
Rick

Old 01-17-2011, 05:57 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by roadgliderick
got my 555s in my bike and iam totally satisfied with this set up garcou aka shane was a big help for me to get my bike running the way it is. he walked me through the whole ordeal over the phone. i started getting confused with the push rod adjustment shane offered me his phone number said if i needed any help to call him. and i did i felt as though i was bothering him but he was happy to help me out. thanks shane and to all that has giving me the ***** to attemp this mod. i said i wouldnt do a big bore just cams but now iam thinking very hard to do the 107 threw hillside or tman not sure yet i think i will ride for awhile this set up for now and see what the future holds. for those of u that wanna know about the 555s buy em iam very happy with them and i highly recommend fuel moto for the purchase these guys are great. and if can do this job anyone can with the help of the guys on this forum if i wasnt apart of this forum i would have paid someone to do the job. thanks to all and ride safe.
Rick
I was just wondering today if you had gotten it all buttoned up again. Glad you got it finished and you like it.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:49 AM
Garcou
Club Member

Hey Rick thanks for the plug, but really it was my pleasure! I can talk engines for days! I really enjoy shooting the sh*t with a fellow enthusiast! I can guarantee you my dopamine levels where the same as yours were when you fired that bad boy up! And just for the record, TMAN TMAN TMAN muahahahahahahaha!

Old 01-18-2011, 06:09 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by roadglider05
Great comparison, it seems even the SE-255 is not a bad cam for bolt in. The problems we will be facing soon will be the degradation of gas available, E-10/E-15 on the horizon. Will tuners be able to adapt to more alcohol and less BTU's, is anyone using a 54H in the 2011 Road Glide Ultra with out any head or gaket work?
Not a Roadglide. Same 103 runs great just about the same cam.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Zoomin Ultra
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Blue chart is SE255 cams
Red chart is Wood TW-555 cams

Jamie,

I've noticed in all the dyno's I've seen you post, the SE cam curves are generally raggedy and the Woods cams are pretty smooth. What accounts for this?

Old 01-19-2011, 11:25 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoomin Ultra
Jamie,

I've noticed in all the dyno's I've seen you post, the SE cam curves are generally raggedy and the Woods cams are pretty smooth. What accounts for this?
Very good question and I wondered the same thing. I could be entirely wrong but I thought it was an indication that there was more tuning (more power) left.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:32 AM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by atrain68
This is a great thread. As usual, nothing but the best from Fuel Moto. BTW, I came home to find my 107 kit delivered by the brown truck. I'm looking forward to getting everything back together.

Subscribed...Just kidding! Just seeing if anyone is paying attention!
Atrain,
I hope you are doing the 107 swap as a write up, the same way you did the cam swap. That was very informative. I know many of us here used your post as a guide to nug our way thru the swap. Sure would be good to have the same type of a post for the 107 swap. I am thinking of doing the jug swap this winter.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I've been lurking here since the thread's inception and would like to compliment Jamie for his work on this project. The test looks very objective as expected , and I must give him kudos for extracting 86hp out of the 255's, as that's the highest number I've seen to date on these cams in a TC96. TQ is about as expected, though I've seen some charts where the low-end holds better, around 90TQ down to 2600rpm in a TC96. The 255's still look attractive as a bolt-in cam when you want the same characteristics as stock but just more of it, and the price is right if you pick-up a CVO pull on Ebay. The 555's will likely make anyone happy who doesn't mind giving up the TQ at 2700rpm and below, and if you give them a bit more compression I think they would have no downside.

Fuel Moto's 107 kit with the 555's is a very attractive option for those who want to spend more than the cost of a cam swap. At FM the beat goes on, and I always expect good things from them, including objective comparisons like this one.

Quick Reply: Wood TW-555 vs SE255 Cam Dyno Comparison by Fuel Moto