Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NIM confusion

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011 | 09:31 PM
hxturbo1
|
Tourer
Default NIM confusion

I originally posted this in the Chat forum but thought maybe it needed to be here.

I have read so many posts on the navigation module my head is spinning. Just when I think I know the answer another spin is put on it. I have one on back order and need to know something before I take delivery.

Is the only thing the module does is mute the sound to hear the commands through the speakers? And...do I still have to plug the GPS into the stereo aux port to hear the music stored on the SD card?

If the answers are yes to the above questions I am going to cancel the order. I can spend the money elsewhere and just read the screen as I ride. To hear the commands would be nice but not an absolute necessity.

Thanks in advance for an answer to an already much debated question and hopefully I will find the final answer.

Old 01-09-2011 | 09:43 PM
W0ace
Tourer

I also am waiting for one also. My take on its function is this....

It ties the GPS turn by turn audio into the FM/Intercom/CB stream. You can still hear everything else going on, as well as the GPS now. As I have it currently I only hear the GPS thru the AUX input on the radio, and then only that function is alive.

I ride in groups and want to be able to hear/talk to the group, especially when leading the group and using the GPS...

For GPS MP3 audio you still have to plug the stereo audio output cable from the GPS into the AUX input port. You would then have to be in AUX mode to listen to it.

I don't use the MP3 player, burnt everything over to CD's and went that route. So I am mainly wanting to tie it into the main audio stream.

Hope this helps........

Old 01-12-2011 | 11:32 AM
hxturbo1
|
Tourer

*bump* Thanks WA.....anyone else?