Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garmin Zumo 665 and Mac itunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by monstead
I run Macs and have a Zumo 665. I don't know what they mean by scripts either on the Zumo forum, because I have absolutely no trouble dragging and dropping (mp3) files to both the Garmin internal memory and the MicroSD Card I use in the Garmin.

FWIW, I dragged a bunch of music into my Garmin one day and took off...was into the ride before I realized it was repeating the same 10 or so songs (I'd downloaded much more than that). I could see all of them on the Garmin...but could only hear a few of them. When I got back home and started trouble-shooting, only then did I find out about Garmin only playing mp3's. After that, I started buying most of my music from Amazon.com (mp3 format). If you buy from iTunes...no go, unless you want to go through a bunch of shenanigans to change them to mp3 (I gave up that quest).

Even though I'm reasonably tech-saavy (I fumble and usually figure things out through trial and error), there is a REAL good chance I'm not quite understanding exactly what your having trouble with since I'm able to drag and drop easily with my Mac Pro.

I pretty much use my iPod or satellite radio when I am running with my detachable fairing. Not sure how you're hearing your music, but you may be better off hooking up an iPod or some other mp3 player to your radio/speakers. More flexibility that way IMO...
Monstead,
Thanks for the help , the scripts make playlist for you on your sd card it does work pretty cool. I have learned how to convert itunes to mp3 pretty quickly also and your right the zumo will only play the mp3 format. I have my zumo set up to play all things from it, nav, xm, weather, mp3 all through the speakers so I have it dialed in pretty well now. The dude on the the zumo forum was extremely helpful to me when he got back to me and I have his email now. Also pargens here was real cool spoke to him on the phone he is a mac daddy for sure. He helped me right when I needed it thanks Peter.

So now I can load my music using itunes and media monkey also I still use media monkey because I am more comfortable and it has so many tools to fix, adjust, find things for this somewhat tech challenged individual. I am like you I will fumble around with it until I get it but it is nice to have this place to go yell HELP!

I saw your video on a post today that was awesome documentation of your girls ride! Thanks for sharing take care ride safe.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:18 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SICKBAGGER
Monstead,
Thanks for the help , the scripts make playlist for you on your sd card it does work pretty cool. I have learned how to convert itunes to mp3 pretty quickly also and your right the zumo will only play the mp3 format. I have my zumo set up to play all things from it, nav, xm, weather, mp3 all through the speakers so I have it dialed in pretty well now.
How do you have the Zumo hooked into your speakers? I'm assuming you are talking about the bike speakers. I hear all my Zumo stuff through my Scala G4 helmet speakers, but like the idea of hooking it up to my fairing.

The dude on the the zumo forum was extremely helpful to me when he got back to me and I have his email now. Also pargens here was real cool spoke to him on the phone he is a mac daddy for sure. He helped me right when I needed it thanks Peter.

So now I can load my music using itunes and media monkey also I still use media monkey because I am more comfortable and it has so many tools to fix, adjust, find things for this somewhat tech challenged individual. I am like you I will fumble around with it until I get it but it is nice to have this place to go yell HELP!
Gonna have to check out media monkey

I saw your video on a post today that was awesome documentation of your girls ride! Thanks for sharing take care ride safe.
Thanks!

[/quote]

Old 03-04-2011, 12:01 AM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master

Monstead,
I have hooked the zumo in throught the aux port on my Harmon Kardin stock radio and all fucntions work perfectly, all modes on the zumo, nav, xm, weather, mp3. The only hand controls on my bike I use is the volume and it is easy enough to change what ever I want the zumo to do on the zumo screen itself. All the zumo prempts such as a direction or weather alert mutes the radio she says her information and goes away then music resumes so it works just like I had the HD module WITH the exception of controlling the zumo with hand controls, but the volume works I have found that is all I need.

Media monkey is a great program but you will have to get Parallels on your mac to run it, dont go with the boot camp idea spend the money for parallels and the 19 bucks for the Gold Media Monkey

Last edited by SICKBAGGER; 03-04-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:13 AM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master

Here is how I have mine mounted, hope the picture shows here?!?!?!?!

Attached Thumbnails Garmin Zumo 665 and Mac itunes-img00054-20101013-1737.jpg