Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finished my Woody's fairing install

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
ddan1130
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finished my Woody's fairing install

I went ahead and convinced got myself a Woody's for my Christmas present to myself. I decided that before my wife changed my mind I went ahead and called Glenn and made the deal. He said that It would probably be ready to ship in a week and a half or so. Well 3 days later I got the shipping notification from UPS that it was on it's way. It arrived on time, very well packaged and protected with good installation guides (one for the stereo installation and one for the fairing itself). I ordered an extra windshield as well, I got the 10" tint, and the 6" dark. they were individually wrapped in the box and had the clear plastic sticky stuff on them for protection. I started the installation a couple of days later and worked on it in my spare time over about a 3 or 4 day period. I did have to call Glenn or email him a couple of times for random questions. Each time he either returned my email immediately or spent as much time as needed to answer my questions. All in all it was a pretty simple install. A few steps were time consuming or a pain in the a$$ (moving the fog lights, getting the wire ran how I wanted it under the tank, then changing my mind about it and doing it differently 2 or 3 times). Like I said though it was pretty easy all in all. I installed a Sony Digital Media player that has a pop out tray for an IPOD that is controlled by the head unit itself, or other USB device instead of a CD player. It sounds great with the speakers that he sent with the fairing. Plenty loud and very clear sound. So far I am 100% satisfied with the product, costumer service, and price ( a little over 800 for everything minus the stereo which was about 120 on amazon, and some various crap from home depot). My only advice for people who are going to do this install on a Road King is that when you move your fog lights forward to the next slot, be careful when tightening the turn signals back up. i pinched the hot wire in the the back of the turn signal where the wiring bundle goes into the back of it. It created a short and was blowing my headlight fuse. The Gel Coat and glass work is very impressive. Great work Glenn!

Attached Thumbnails finished my Woody's fairing install-img_1301.jpg   finished my Woody's fairing install-img_1302.jpg   finished my Woody's fairing install-img_1304.jpg   finished my Woody's fairing install-img_1305.jpg   finished my Woody's fairing install-img_1306.jpg  

Old 01-09-2011, 02:31 PM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks really nice. Good to hear there are people committed to customer service.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 PM
MadIrish
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I figured I would post here as a thanks for helping me to decide to go with a Woody's Fairing. Glenn's product is great and his service is fantastic. I love it.

Attached Thumbnails finished my Woody's fairing install-fairing-front.jpg   finished my Woody's fairing install-radioview.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 04:41 PM
BlueKite
Cruiser

So is this a fairing that you can take on and off with ease once set up? Like the standard perspex shield that comes with the bike?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 PM
MadIrish
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It mounts on the same points as the stock shield, however, you do replace the plastic bushings on the bike with metal ones. I have the acorn nuts on the shield mounting points cinched down pretty tight, but if I loosen them a touch, yeah the fairing will pop right off.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

You've got my stereo!!!!!!

I have been looking at that same stereo for a while. The only reason I haven't pull the trigger on it is I like having the ipod on the handle bars for access to the controls.

I don't have to reach for the stereo.

How do you like the stereo.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 AM
LivingontheRock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ddan1130
I went ahead and convinced got myself a Woody's for my Christmas present to myself. I decided that before my wife changed my mind I went ahead and called Glenn and made the deal. He said that It would probably be ready to ship in a week and a half or so. Well 3 days later I got the shipping notification from UPS that it was on it's way. It arrived on time, very well packaged and protected with good installation guides (one for the stereo installation and one for the fairing itself). I ordered an extra windshield as well, I got the 10" tint, and the 6" dark. they were individually wrapped in the box and had the clear plastic sticky stuff on them for protection. I started the installation a couple of days later and worked on it in my spare time over about a 3 or 4 day period. I did have to call Glenn or email him a couple of times for random questions. Each time he either returned my email immediately or spent as much time as needed to answer my questions. All in all it was a pretty simple install. A few steps were time consuming or a pain in the a$$ (moving the fog lights, getting the wire ran how I wanted it under the tank, then changing my mind about it and doing it differently 2 or 3 times). Like I said though it was pretty easy all in all. I installed a Sony Digital Media player that has a pop out tray for an IPOD that is controlled by the head unit itself, or other USB device instead of a CD player. It sounds great with the speakers that he sent with the fairing. Plenty loud and very clear sound. So far I am 100% satisfied with the product, costumer service, and price ( a little over 800 for everything minus the stereo which was about 120 on amazon, and some various crap from home depot). My only advice for people who are going to do this install on a Road King is that when you move your fog lights forward to the next slot, be careful when tightening the turn signals back up. i pinched the hot wire in the the back of the turn signal where the wiring bundle goes into the back of it. It created a short and was blowing my headlight fuse. The Gel Coat and glass work is very impressive. Great work Glenn!

I know you posted this a while back but thanks for the post and pics. Helped me sell my wife on getting one for my RKC. Ordered today. Any other advice on the install?