Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner Fairing Paint Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:37 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HotRoc54
If you want your mirrors painted to match, HD has metal mirror covers that come in primer. I used them and I think it turned out very nice. Just saying.

Do you have a part number pls

Old 01-08-2011, 06:40 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
Do you have a part number pls
Yes, part # 92200001 $59.95

Old 01-08-2011, 07:10 PM
vonzoog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want your mirrors painted to match, HD has metal mirror covers that come in primer. I used them and I think it turned out very nice. Just saying.

I was thinking about that. They also have chrome too.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
vonzoog
Tourer

Isn't this fun. So many ideas and possibilities. This is what winter time is for. Dreaming and planning.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes, part # 92200001 $59.95
HotRoc54, how about a picture from the rider side; be interested to see the fitment between the painted add-on and the actual mirror edge.

If I had a close-up of my painted fairing mirrors, it'd show they're painted the like the add-ons; the painter masked the "bulge" (that you see as unpainted plastic on HR54's mirrors) and base.

Carl

Old 01-08-2011, 07:36 PM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I paid $75 to have mine painted,and $50 for the paint.

The guy that painted it works in a local body shop,and offered to do the job.He fixed my wifes truck in the past,and does outstanding work.

Swapping the fairing was a very straightforward job;if your thinking about doing it,just do it,its not bad at all.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Salinas44
Cruiser

Originally Posted by vonzoog
Well it's snowing, again, and I am getting ready for my winter project. Going to remove the inner fairing and have it painted to match the bike. I am also replacing the handlebars and the air temperature gauge, replaced it with an oil temp gauge while I have it all disassembled.

Also, was thinking of painting the stock fairing mirrors to match also. I can't remember seeing this done before. Anyone done this could please give your opinion? Maybe a picture?
I'm taking mine in Monday to have some custom bars put on. Going to get the inner fairing painted also while its off with new levers and grips. Waiting to decide what to do with mirrors until my bars get measured up. Have read alot of post of putting different bars on that cover the views of the mirrors and you have to switch to bar mirrors. Don't know if you have looked at that yet on your new bars.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:59 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was too scared that it would be hard to match the GLACIER WHITE PEARL,.....so I bought my inner & cap from the dealer @ 20% off. Cost $452, but I did the swap myself. Sold the old one on EBAY for $110 or $125, so I was happy with the net out of pocket, and 100% assurance that it would match in color.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I love my inner fairing painted, I purchased another inner fairing and had a local body shop paint the fairing, cap and unused switch plugs for $160.00 for vivid black. I was going to paint the mirrors bit then the fairing I purchased had two small holes from the chrome mirror covers with the turn signal LED's in them and I really like the way it turned out and the extra visability at night. I also like the unused swith caps painted as I see some people have left them black. Great and fun upgrade.

Attached Thumbnails Inner Fairing Paint Cost?-p1030595.jpg   Inner Fairing Paint Cost?-p1030596.jpg   Inner Fairing Paint Cost?-p1030602.jpg  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:37 PM
TxFLHX
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Scubamike
I love my inner fairing painted, I purchased another inner fairing and had a local body shop paint the fairing, cap and unused switch plugs for $160.00 for vivid black. I was going to paint the mirrors bit then the fairing I purchased had two small holes from the chrome mirror covers with the turn signal LED's in them and I really like the way it turned out and the extra visability at night. I also like the unused swith caps painted as I see some people have left them black. Great and fun upgrade.
Do those LED chrome mirror covers just flash with the blinkers or do they also act as running lights?

Quick Reply: Inner Fairing Paint Cost?