Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner Fairing Paint Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 01:22 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the mirrors to match but I regret it. That said, I foolishly didn't mask the adjustment area, but.....

To have a full adjustment area you have to mask so much off I think it is best to leave unpainted - my opinion

Old 01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
vonzoog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
I did the mirrors to match but I regret it. That said, I foolishly didn't mask the adjustment area, but.....

To have a full adjustment area you have to mask so much off I think it is best to leave unpainted - my opinion
Good point. I will think about that.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
jharanin
Road Master

What part of Delaware you from?

Originally Posted by vonzoog
Thanks Harleypingman,

That is what I wanted to see. I thought that it would look nice with the mirrors colored to match and now I am sure. Also thanks for the heads-up on the idiot light bezel. I had to run out to the garage and check....LOL. Did not realize it was a separate piece. Your fairing is just the way I was envisioning it would look.

Thanks for your input and picture.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:55 PM
vonzoog
Tourer

Felton address. My property is next to Killens Pond State Park.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

I had mine painted by a auto collision center they did pretty good job for $250.00 . I bought HD mirror covers match to paint the cobalt blue and inner fairings match the white gold pearl . Thought about buying painted one from HD but painting was more economical.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:09 PM
vonzoog
Tourer

Jharanin,

I sent you a PM.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:03 PM
jharanin
Road Master

Who you thinking of to do the paint work?

Originally Posted by vonzoog
Well it's snowing, again, and I am getting ready for my winter project. Going to remove the inner fairing and have it painted to match the bike. I am also replacing the handlebars and the air temperature gauge, replaced it with an oil temp gauge while I have it all disassembled.

I have names of three different guys who have been recommended that have a good reputation for painting. My questions is what is a fair price for painting the inner fairing and switch plate? I will do all of the labor of removing the fairing. They would just have to paint it.

Also, was thinking of painting the stock fairing mirrors to match also. I can't remember seeing this done before. Anyone done this could please give your opinion? Maybe a picture?

Thanks,

Old 01-08-2011, 06:15 PM
HB
Road Captain

Had mine done 2 years ago at a local paint shop $75. He had some High gloss black that was for plastic bumpers that he used. Smooth as silk job. Also had the HogPod done with it. Hardest part is putting it all back together. To get the inner fairing out is a major undertaking. While you have it all apart go ahead and change oil in the forks.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:20 PM
vonzoog
Tourer

I really don't know. This is not my area of expertise. I have three different HD owners who knows someone they swear by. But that really doesn't help me. One guy I know buys and sells MoPar muscle cars suggest a guy out in Harley and trust his cars to him. That is about all I have short of just walking in door of a paint shop.

Any suggestions? You're from the same area. Any help would be appreciated. Do you paint?

Old 01-08-2011, 06:29 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want your mirrors painted to match, HD has metal mirror covers that come in primer. I used them and I think it turned out very nice. Just saying.

Last edited by HotRoc54; 01-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Inner Fairing Paint Cost?