Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exchanging Leather Hard Bags to Hard Bags

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dh2683
How much was a complete Painted set from Zanotti's. ?
I have to call and very that everything is included not just the lower, but the part number I got was supposedly for a complete bag, Zanotti says $657 each plus shipping, my local dealer wants $200 more per bag.

Yours should be cheaper because of your paint. I have a complicated paint scheme lol. White Ice Pearl/Black Ice pearl. I would rather go the factory route because then I can be certain the paint and all the pinstripes will match exactly.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dboyenga
FDHOG, I've been watching your posts/upgrades this winter and it seems you've pretty much changed out everything that makes a RKC "Classic". Why did you buy a RKC instead of a regular RK?
By the way your bike looks great.
Just wondering?
I'm not FDHOG, but in "my" case, the classic was only $800 more than the vivid black when I bought mine. They were the last 2010's left so the dealer was dealing. Also mine came with the cruise, ABS, and 6 speed which the other didn't have, that alone made it worth $800 more.

I also like the paint on my bike, it's different and not everyone has it, was a limited run. I figure the sale of my leather hard bags will offset the cost of the match painted bags some.

To each their own, it's all about making the HOG yours, that's the fun in all of this.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Spindrifter
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

I've never painted ABS before, any issues or special prep required?

Old 02-18-2011, 05:05 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
I'm not FDHOG, but in "my" case, the classic was only $800 more than the vivid black when I bought mine. They were the last 2010's left so the dealer was dealing. Also mine came with the cruise, ABS, and 6 speed which the other didn't have, that alone made it worth $800 more.

I also like the paint on my bike, it's different and not everyone has it, was a limited run. I figure the sale of my leather hard bags will offset the cost of the match painted bags some.

To each their own, it's all about making the HOG yours, that's the fun in all of this.
103, ABS, Cruise, were enough reasons to get me to go for the Classic. Yeah, I changed a lot of the bike, but I think I have it where I like it now.

Attached Thumbnails Exchanging Leather Hard Bags to Hard Bags-betty-finished-415.jpg   Exchanging Leather Hard Bags to Hard Bags-betty-finished-416.jpg