Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HK RADIO Scratching CD's

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:40 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default HK RADIO Scratching CD's?

Did a search on this one and can't find anything in the audio section either. Is it possible that the radio itself is putting the marks in my cd's? I have a bunch of different ones with the same marks and I am very careull with them. They all have circular, like the same shape as the disk, scrathes in them kinda like the way an album has the groove in it. Not near that deep, just a reference to the direction of the scratches. Any ideas? Thanks for any input.
Kris

Last edited by BlackPearl#1; 01-06-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Added question mark to titile
Old 01-06-2011, 11:44 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Yes, it is possible. Have you used them in other players?

Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a CD that stays in the player that now skips because of scratching. It has only been played in the bike's head unit...

Old 01-06-2011, 11:55 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member

Yep all the time. I use them in my computer at work, car , van, truck all of the above, but when i take the bike ones out at the end of the summer, those are the ones I really notice it on. They still play, but takes some time on the bad ones

Old 01-06-2011, 01:17 PM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had one I kept in for several months and it is now scratched and unplayable now, only was played in HK unit no others...

Old 01-06-2011, 02:03 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SteveB FLH
Had one I kept in for several months and it is now scratched and unplayable now, only was played in HK unit no others...
Ok there is my answer. Sucks it happens, but I guess it's not only me. Thanks for the replys guys.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I make copies of any CD that I want to play in my car or my motorcycle just for this reason. The original CD STAYS at HOME. Cars and motorcycles do not make for good platforms for CD players, just way to much shock and jiggle. Frankly speaking I think its lame to play CDs on the motorcycle and use an Ipod instead. Lots more tunes with me, easily "move" between my tunes, and no scratches. Just sayin.....

Old 01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
BADBREW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the same type scratching to a couple of CDs that were played only on the HK on my Limited. Seemed to only occur on longer Day Rides when I had done a fair amount of interstate or higher speed riding. Don't know the cause either. Each time I blew out the unit with low volume compressed air thru the CD port. Didn't reoccur for months between. Curious if anyone knows the cause. Loose or broken bracket in the fairing??

Old 01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
I make copies of any CD that I want to play in my car or my motorcycle just for this reason. The original CD STAYS at HOME. Cars and motorcycles do not make for good platforms for CD players, just way to much shock and jiggle. Frankly speaking I think its lame to play CDs on the motorcycle and use an Ipod instead. Lots more tunes with me, easily "move" between my tunes, and no scratches. Just sayin.....
I've got over 8 hours of music on one single c.d., so I don't have to change them often, and my head unit will still tell me what it's playing and my handlebar controls work, so I'll skip the ipod.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:05 PM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

has anybody tried one of those CD disk cleaners? i have used them in the truck and in the dvd player and it worked for those. when they were acting up.

Quick Reply: HK RADIO Scratching CD's