Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backwards front rotor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:05 AM
greglal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In 07 there was a service bulletin for the dealers to swap the rotors to reduce the harmonics the cut-outs in the rotors were causing. through the rest of the production year they came swapped from the factory.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:28 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by shore
Oh and talk about something tough, getting that flush mount axle nut to seat...wow is that tight. I'm using a 1/2" ratchet and it took some serious force to get that to pull into the right for leg. It's nearly flush,sheet of paper away but i'm afraid it's going to snap. Naturally, it the bolt goes in and out easily it's just pulling it in the axle that's a bear. I tried persuading it with a hammer and tape but all that did was put a mark on it....Oops. I can polish that out.

Wait till you need to take it out! (like for R&Ring the forks). Fun! Still, I love the look of the flush axle. Have them on all my bikes. BTW, my observation was the same on the install. Keep going, you won't break it. I used a "breaker bar" with socket.

Oh, and leave your rotors where they are. It stops brake squeal like the others have mentioned. Crazy I know, but I had to do the same on my 07...

lp

Old 01-07-2011, 09:20 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Wait till you need to take it out! (like for R&Ring the forks). Fun! Still, I love the look of the flush axle. Have them on all my bikes. BTW, my observation was the same on the install. Keep going, you won't break it. I used a "breaker bar" with socket.

Oh, and leave your rotors where they are. It stops brake squeal like the others have mentioned. Crazy I know, but I had to do the same on my 07...

lp

I put a large C-clamp on it and could not get it any more flush. It's right there. The wheel is off waiting for a fender adapter kit to arrive so I'll have to wait to put the bolt back in.

I did put the rotors back the way they came.

Thank you guys