Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TONY/Draggin' Baggers..We told ya so thread..BUSTED!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:34 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Draggin' Baggers component info!

damn.. I have been watching this from the start. I had hoped to buy a DB system and make a short center stand and mount it. I was hoping to pull up and park, flick my center stand down and hit the valve and drop the bike down on it. Then dismout and walk away. Would be a real cool setup.

To bad the sh$t don't work. I sure wanted my UC on a center stand at the gas station or bike night. Damn one of these days I will find a product that I can use and make a bazillion dollars.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:29 PM
2006streetglide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draggin' Baggers...BEWARE/WARNING/DANGER!

I wonder if anyone else outside of this forum had the same problems?

Does anyone else frequent any other forums on a regular basis? Any issues there?

I know this isn't a HDForums onlyissue, I was just wondering how many others are pi$$ed too?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:47 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain

I may be going out on a limb here, but isn't it possible that the people who keep bashingTony and DBhere have pretty much drove him from the site and pissed him off so much that he's just said "**** it and **** them" and that's why we haven't heard from him? This is not an excuse for Tony to not try and make things right, but for those of you who got your refund what are you bitching about? You got your money back. For those of you who don't have the system why do you continue to rub it in our faceswith this"you were right all along" attitude posting completely useless messages on a subject that has no direct impact on you? We get it, you get what you pay for, if it's too good to be true, yada, yada, yada!!! Like RonH said if you use the system with the ride height limitations in mind then it functions fine. That doesn't mean that I don't want a better, more appropriateshock system and I'm actively searching for a set of replacement shocks or someone to modify my existing shocksfor myself and not going to rely on Tony. The simple fact is that I couldn't afford to buy one of the "proven" systems, so I took a chance on DB. Did I get burned? Probably, but all of this nagativity isn't helping those of us hoping for a resolution from Tony. You're just hurting our chances.

Venting over now, please return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:17 AM
kurtlange
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 2006streetglide
Does anyone else frequent any other forums on a regular basis? Any issues there?
I know this isn't a HDForums onlyissue, I was just wondering how many others are pi$$ed too?
i frequent several hd sites and this is the only one, afaik, where the db system is/was promoted.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:58 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bdjhog

I may be going out on a limb here, but isn't it possible that the people who keep bashingTony and DBhere have pretty much drove him from the site and pissed him off so much that he's just said "**** it and **** them" and that's why we haven't heard from him? This is not an excuse for Tony to not try and make things right, but for those of you who got your refund what are you bitching about? You got your money back. For those of you who don't have the system why do you continue to rub it in our faceswith this"you were right all along" attitude posting completely useless messages on a subject that has no direct impact on you? We get it, you get what you pay for, if it's too good to be true, yada, yada, yada!!! Like RonH said if you use the system with the ride height limitations in mind then it functions fine. That doesn't mean that I don't want a better, more appropriateshock system and I'm actively searching for a set of replacement shocks or someone to modify my existing shocksfor myself and not going to rely on Tony. The simple fact is that I couldn't afford to buy one of the "proven" systems, so I took a chance on DB. Did I get burned? Probably, but all of this nagativity isn't helping those of us hoping for a resolution from Tony. You're just hurting our chances.

Maybe they should just post a thread, Please Tony... You'd be singing a different tune if HD voided that warranty an the engine threw a rod...

You should stand behind your snake oil... not just quit when you get a bit of flack... And your right, I haven't purchased this system, no need.. heck all you need is some air ride shocks a compressor and a valve...[X(] Shoot I'm gonna put some of them hijackers on mine... what a load...[sm=badidea.gif] Again, STREETGLIDES DO NOT NEED TO BE LOWERED... Unless your from OZ.. or Hank Hills Dad... (no shins)...

( This comment is just an opinion and not intended toimply faulty products or bad judgment, it's just an individuals thought, and is in compliance of the Bill of Rights outline below. )

Freedom of speech[/b] is the concept of the inherent human right to voice one's opinion publicly without fear of censorship or punishment. The right is enshrined in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and is granted formal recognition by the laws of most nations. Nonetheless the degree to which the right is upheld in practice varies greatly from one nation to another. In some nations with relatively authoritarian forms of government, overt government censorship is enforced, while among liberal democracies, censorship has been claimed to occur in a different form (see propaganda model) and there are different approaches to issues such as hate speech, obscenity, and defamation laws.

Of which I have not stated I hate anyone or have cursed anyone, or caused any defamation.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:26 AM
Newhog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: kurtlange

ORIGINAL: 2006streetglide
i frequent several hd sites and this is the only one, afaik, where the db system is/was promoted.
This is an incorrect statement. There are many of us here that participate on another site that the DB product was promoted. Not going to list it as it's against the rules, but if you look, it's not that hard to find. I'm surprised this hasn't come up before.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:39 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bdjhog

I didn't get the DB system, but even knowing the systems limitations, I intend to do my own this winter with the Gabriel shocks, based on what I learned here. It will serve my purposes until that time that I feel financially capable of getting the platinum air shocks, which some members have bought seperate from the rest of the kit for around $600.00.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:16 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

PLATINUM AIR is abit more than 6....i aint cryin, 4 aint no money...i made a poor choice...no big...done...just like this regurjitated thread should be

Old 01-27-2007, 04:27 AM
jimbo21165
Banned

Welp, me and a couple of others on here have a purty good thing going on with the stock shocks...on the fly, even!!!

Old 01-27-2007, 04:43 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

PLATINUM AIR is abit more than 6....i aint cryin, 4 aint no money...i made a poor choice...no big...done...just like this regurjitated thread should be
Read my post again Bryan...I said the shocks ALONE are $600.00. It's in that other Platinum air thread that another member Gaskett bought the shocks seperately.

Post #13 https://www.hdforums.com/m_1141276/tm.htm

Quick Reply: TONY/Draggin' Baggers..We told ya so thread..BUSTED!