Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried the Corbin CLOSE Gunfighter seat on the '09 later touring bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 05:58 AM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone tried the Corbin CLOSE Gunfighter seat on the '09 later touring bikes?

Hey folks, just looking for some feedback before I pull the trigger on a new Corbin seat.

Interested in anyones experience with the Corbin "CLOSE" Gunfighter seat on an '09 or later touring bike.

I have a short inseam (32) and need better reach both to the ground and to the bars..... but still want the seat to be comfortable.

Thanks for any feedback.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:50 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I put 22,000 miles on my 08 Young Guns, basically the same saddle. The guy that purchased my bike last month is having it recovered because he loves it as much as I did. Needs a new cover because the cat got hold of it, if not for the cat....I would guess it would be good for another three years.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:28 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Originally Posted by CigarCritic
I put 22,000 miles on my 08 Young Guns, basically the same saddle. The guy that purchased my bike last month is having it recovered because he loves it as much as I did. Needs a new cover because the cat got hold of it, if not for the cat....I would guess it would be good for another three years.
Thanks Cigar, was it the "CLOSE" model or the std seat? I'm wondering how comfortable the "close" version is...

Old 01-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Had a "close" gunfighter on the wifes last bike but it was a Fat Boy.

To do it over we both would have gone with the regular version since the close was too close, felt cramped. Both will set you lower the close pushes you forward.

Not exactly sure how this would square up on a Touring bike but thought I'd pass along the past experience.

About to order a Gunfighter for my 09 Ultra too so I'll be watching the responses here too before making the final call.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey folks, just looking for some feedback before I pull the trigger on a new Corbin seat.

Interested in anyones experience with the Corbin "CLOSE" Gunfighter seat on an '09 or later touring bike.

I have a short inseam (32) and need better reach both to the ground and to the bars..... but still want the seat to be comfortable.

Thanks for any feedback
I am 6 ft tall with a 32 inch inseam and would almost bet money that if you got a "CLOSE" seat that you will not like it!!!!

The close seat basically sets you almost on top of the tank and there very narrow at the front to let you get you feet on the ground.

I have the Corbin Classic Solo with the passanger pillion and the riders backrest. It is the most comfort seat I've had my butt on.

I am also running the premium low hand adjustable rear shocks, lowers the rear of the bike 3/4 to 1"

When setting up the bike you need to take it in two steps. First you have to get the bike to fit your lower body. This is accomplished with the seat and shocks, if your legs are long it's done with just the seat. but if you legs are short you need to lower the rear some. At 32" inseam I could l live without the shocks but am more comfortable with it lowered.

Once you have the lower body where you want it to be it's time to adjust for the upper body. This is done with the handlebars. This depends on your arm length. The heritage bars and the +2 Sweeper are a good start and you don't have to change wiring or cables.

However in my case they just didn't have enough pullback, I'm still having to reach to get my hands on the bars.

My next step is going with bars that have more pull back. The problem here is you can't get any more pull back with out changing cables and wiring.

Two to three inches would do it for me but I'm going with close to 5 inch to relax my arms some.

It's Just Money, one step at a time.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:39 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bgill
Had a "close" gunfighter on the wifes last bike but it was a Fat Boy.

To do it over we both would have gone with the regular version since the close was too close, felt cramped. Both will set you lower the close pushes you forward.

Not exactly sure how this would square up on a Touring bike but thought I'd pass along the past experience.

About to order a Gunfighter for my 09 Ultra too so I'll be watching the responses here too before making the final call.
Thanks Bgill.... If you are over 5'8" tall and have a longer than 32 inseam then I can imagine that you would feel "cramped" with the CLOSE gunfighter seat - especially on a softail.... What are your body dimensions?

Old 01-05-2011, 11:44 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
I am 6 ft tall with a 32 inch inseam and would almost bet money that if you got a "CLOSE" seat that you will not like it!!!!

The close seat basically sets you almost on top of the tank and there very narrow at the front to let you get you feet on the ground.

I have the Corbin Classic Solo with the passanger pillion and the riders backrest. It is the most comfort seat I've had my butt on.

I am also running the premium low hand adjustable rear shocks, lowers the rear of the bike 3/4 to 1"

When setting up the bike you need to take it in two steps. First you have to get the bike to fit your lower body. This is accomplished with the seat and shocks, if your legs are long it's done with just the seat. but if you legs are short you need to lower the rear some. At 32" inseam I could l live without the shocks but am more comfortable with it lowered.

Once you have the lower body where you want it to be it's time to adjust for the upper body. This is done with the handlebars. This depends on your arm length. The heritage bars and the +2 Sweeper are a good start and you don't have to change wiring or cables.

However in my case they just didn't have enough pullback, I'm still having to reach to get my hands on the bars.

My next step is going with bars that have more pull back. The problem here is you can't get any more pull back with out changing cables and wiring.

Two to three inches would do it for me but I'm going with close to 5 inch to relax my arms some.

It's Just Money, one step at a time.
Thanks for the advice Texas... just out of curiosity, have you ever sat on a "CLOSE" corbin seat? By the sounds of your post you are not close enough to the bars and maybe a "close" corbin seat is exactly what you need?

Also the major difference between you an me is that I'm skinny, only 5'9" tall and have slightly short arms and short legs (makes me sound like a freak or something :-).... so it only makes sense for me to get a little closer to the controls.

FWIW I have seen a 2009 RK with 12" apes that used stock cables and stock wiring harness, nothing had to be extended - you might want to consider that as an option if you are looking for a little bit of extra pullback without having to go through the whole rigmoral of changing out your cables etc.

Last edited by thewholehog; 01-05-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by thewholehog
Thanks Bgill.... If you are over 5'8" tall and have a longer than 32 inseam then I can imagine that you would feel "cramped" with the CLOSE gunfighter seat - especially on a softail.... What are your body dimensions?
5'11" after neck fusion surgery
30" dress pants - 32" jeans
wife calls me "tripod"...for whatever reason.

Hope that wasn't too discriptive.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:04 PM
ccw03345
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close Solo Seat

I don't have the Gunfighter seat, but I do have the Corbin Close Solo seat on my 2009 Road King Classic. I am 5'6" with a 28" inseam. The Close Solo is great as it moves me down about an inch and forward 1-1/2 to 2 inches.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thewholehog
Thanks Cigar, was it the "CLOSE" model or the std seat? I'm wondering how comfortable the "close" version is...

Standard. I have a 30/31" inseam, 5'10....The seat sits much lower than stock and back a good inch. With your 32" inseam, you should be perfect with a standard. The seat is also much narrower than stock so your legs will feel longer and feet planted better.

Last edited by CigarCritic; 01-06-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried the Corbin CLOSE Gunfighter seat on the '09 later touring bikes?