Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried the Corbin CLOSE Gunfighter seat on the '09 later touring bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ccw03345
I don't have the Gunfighter seat, but I do have the Corbin Close Solo seat on my 2009 Road King Classic. I am 5'6" with a 28" inseam. The Close Solo is great as it moves me down about an inch and forward 1-1/2 to 2 inches.
Thanks ccw.... how do you find it comfort wise? Some people have complained about the "hump" at the front of the seat being uncomfortable... do you find this?

Old 01-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the advice Texas... just out of curiosity, have you ever sat on a "CLOSE" corbin seat? By the sounds of your post you are not close enough to the bars and maybe a "close" corbin seat is exactly what you need?

Also the major difference between you an me is that I'm skinny, only 5'9" tall and have slightly short arms and short legs (makes me sound like a freak or something :-).... so it only makes sense for me to get a little closer to the controls.

FWIW I have seen a 2009 RK with 12" apes that used stock cables and stock wiring harness, nothing had to be extended - you might want to consider that as an option if you are looking for a little bit of extra pullback without having to go through the whole rigmoral of changing out your cables etc.
I sat on a Harley close seat and didn't like it at all. I called the Florida Show room and spoke to JR, he is the sales mgr. we spoke for over 30 min. discussing my build and measurement and all the went in with my order.

I beleive JR said the cut off for a close was 28 or 29 inch inseam.

I even have the floor boards relocated 1 inch out and 1 inch forward.

I have a friend that is taking a set of wildones 12 inch apes off his bike and is going to make me a deal on them.

I think they will get me right were I want to be. My only problem is my right shoulder is bad and the extra pull back, height and width should releive the pressure on my shoulders.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:20 PM
ccw03345
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wholehog, I find the Corbin Close Solo to be very comfortable. I feel there is plenty of room front to back and I do NOT feel my crotch is jammed up againt the front. The bigger issue with all Corbin seats is if you like the dense foam they use which creates a very firm seat. I've had two of them and loved them both. Some find them too firm.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:22 PM
IsaacL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ccw03345
Wholehog, I find the Corbin Close Solo to be very comfortable. I feel there is plenty of room front to back and I do NOT feel my crotch is jammed up againt the front. The bigger issue with all Corbin seats is if you like the dense foam they use which creates a very firm seat. I've had two of them and loved them both. Some find them too firm.
I like the "firm" seats that Corbin makes as well.

Last edited by IsaacL; 01-06-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:59 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

My 250 lb *** loves firm seats. My Dual Touring is on it's way.
I could see where lighter guys wouldn't like a really firm seat.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:01 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Well.... I sat on a stock new RK again today at the dealership... and I felt more comfortable 1" - 2" up closer to the tank compared to the stock seating position.

Looks like the Corbin "close" seat is what I'm looking for. Just hoping a few more people will give me some feedback on the seat comfort wise.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:57 PM
frank1
Intermediate

I am 5’ 8’’ and my inseam is 31.5’’ I presently have a 09 road glide Cvo and a 03 roadking both have Corbin seats. I complained to the dealer that the newer frame seem higher and he said that they were the same height . I checked and he was right. I Wondered why I was felling a difference, if they were both the same height .did some measuring between the two and the newer one is wider, i new it was because the harly bike description on the new 09's said so .the extra width makes my legs/ butt having to spread wider making my leg reach shorter. The seat /me/and the bike will be going to the Corbin ,Hollister shop for a nose job sometime in the summer and I will try to have them fit me to the seat . I tried a close seat it put me too close to the tank, and I feel cramped on the bike.But it did make the handle bars feel better/closer. I have owned at least 6 Corbin’s and this is the first that has made me set higher then stock

Old 01-07-2011, 03:09 AM
thewholehog
Road Master

Originally Posted by frank1
I am 5’ 8’’ and my inseam is 31.5’’ I presently have a 09 road glide Cvo and a 03 roadking both have Corbin seats. I complained to the dealer that the newer frame seem higher and he said that they were the same height . I checked and he was right. I Wondered why I was felling a difference, if they were both the same height .did some measuring between the two and the newer one is wider, i new it was because the harly bike description on the new 09's said so .the extra width makes my legs/ butt having to spread wider making my leg reach shorter. The seat /me/and the bike will be going to the Corbin ,Hollister shop for a nose job sometime in the summer and I will try to have them fit me to the seat . I tried a close seat it put me too close to the tank, and I feel cramped on the bike.But it did make the handle bars feel better/closer. I have owned at least 6 Corbin’s and this is the first that has made me set higher then stock
Thanks Frank.... I wish I lived sowhere even remotely close to Corbin so I could do a "custom" fit.....

I have short legs, so being close to the tank didn't bother my legs too much and should give me better reach to the bars.

I'm going to take a chance and order the "close" gunfighter seat and cross my fingers it is comfortable.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:23 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Anyone else had any experience with this "close" seat?

Thanks.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:34 AM
thewholehog
Road Master

bump.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried the Corbin CLOSE Gunfighter seat on the '09 later touring bikes?