Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boot Straps... Do you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:29 AM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 24 and I have pair. I usually throw them on only when I'm doin alot of highway miles. SC to Daytona and such. Not sure how longer pants would help - I mean, if you only ride with your feet on the floorboards, then yeah. My pants only ride up my legs when I'm stretched out on my highway pegs though, not the floorboards. The wind at 80mph catches them every time. I'm not really one to do something to "fit in" - I do what works for me. I do wish they made a better pair that didn't drag the ground - they only get so tight. So on gas and stretch breaks I always gotta take them off.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemms
So, who wears boot straps?
If you do, how old are you? Is it age dependent?
If you don't, do you do anything to prevent your pants from blowing up your leg while riding?
I'm thinking of something like:
http://store.bikerornot.com/products/Biker-Boot-Straps-%252d-Maltese-Cross.html
If my pants blow up my legs I just lower my highway pegs a little. But if somebody were to give me a set, who knows, I might like them but that's one of those trinkets that I wouldn't consider spending money for.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

As Captain Honors (now former XO of the carrier Enterprise) would say...."gay".

Yeah, I was considering "sleeve straps", "collar straps", "boxer straps", "bandanna straps", and "glove straps" too! But for some reason I just thought it'd be a little goofy...ya think?!

Holy cow...if we need to pay $20 for a flippin fancy little clip to hold our cuffs down...not sure what's become of the riding world. I guess if it's freezing cold, a guy could use a gold-plated safety pin looped through your laces (with HD logos mico-printed on it of course and all the neighbors in your 'burbs could run-out and marvel before their ride around the block - sorry, I digress). To each his own, I guess...but I have never seen them on anyone...though I am not walking around evaluating what guys are "wearing"...<huge sigh>.

Damn...

Last edited by sgnden; 01-05-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemms
So, who wears boot straps?
If you do, how old are you? Is it age dependent?
If you don't, do you do anything to prevent your pants from blowing up your leg while riding?
I'm thinking of something like:
http://store.bikerornot.com/products/Biker-Boot-Straps-%252d-Maltese-Cross.html
I wear the Farrken straps, depending on which pair of jeans I have on at the time. I have a few pair of boot-cut jeans, and those are the ones I wear the straps with.

I've seen young and old wear them.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:58 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Im 38 and wear them, I hate having my pants keep blowing up and having to fix them when I get off the bike. I have some with the POW/MIA badges on them, if thats gay go slam your face in to a wall. Wear what makes you comfortable, thats the whole point.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:24 AM
batman4706
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
on longer trips i know that the pant legs from the calves to ankles can become annoying. i've thought about getting a couple of strips of velcro from lowes and trying that to prevent the slapping of the pant legs, but haven't done so yet.

Wouldn't that velcro hurt when you peeled it off?

I don't have enough leg hair to use velcro.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:24 AM
HemiGlide69
Tourer

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Im 38 and wear them, I hate having my pants keep blowing up and having to fix them when I get off the bike. I have some with the POW/MIA badges on them, if thats gay go slam your face in to a wall. Wear what makes you comfortable, thats the whole point.
Yeah, what he said.....

Old 01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

34 and wear em...

Old 01-05-2011, 12:05 PM
BADBREW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear them on longer rides. I wear boot cut jeans and they blow up when I use the highway pegs which is most of the time. Helps a lot when your toolin down the interstate at 80. works for me.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Sgt Mac
Road Master

34...I wear them, but I got mine from the corners of the sheets on my bed. I think my wife uses them to keep the sheets on the bed...nice thing is, I get two pair at a time and when I need new ones, she always puts more on the bed for me.

Quick Reply: Boot Straps... Do you?