Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:23 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i could have sworn that i saw them in the latest dennis kirk catalog, but i could be mistaken.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Call the Florida Showroom (800-223-4332) everyone i talked to there was helpful and knew there product.

Be careful if you buy from someone other than Corbin, they may not offer the same warranty that corbin does.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:09 AM
2004vmc
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my name is chris corbin (no relation....just a cool coincidence) and there are several. J & P Cycles still sells corbins. i have yet to see an HD dealer that did though. not saying they dont, but i have never noticed. i believe that dennis kirk does as well. several online companies. i now get mine from a local shop in Hope Mills, NC. and you are right, local shops can save dollar over going directly to corbin, even if you have my last name! lol! hell, i was in florida, at the corbin store, and couldnt get a discount! but, i dont ride on anything else, so, i just pay for them......

ride it like you stole it,
corb

Old 01-05-2011, 06:20 AM
jimmy z
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Call Tri County HD and ask to speak to Jenni.Last month I ordered my Corbin solo seat w/backrest, V-rail,and custom flame stitching.I told her I'm a member here and got 20% off list price.Got the seat about three weeks later.Smooth transaction,no complaints,great seat.Saved over a hundred bucks.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
i could have sworn that i saw them in the latest dennis kirk catalog, but i could be mistaken.
I was just looking on-line at Mustang solo's on the Dennis Kirk site. They definitely had a lot of Corbins for sale. Free shipping anything over $100 and of course no tax (unless OP is unlucky enough to live in their state).

Old 01-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Too Short
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem being with one or more of the Corbin vendors is they don't make the seat custom for you. You'll end up having to get it reworked down the line. I bought mine directly from Vince (ext 318) at Corbin. We talked for an hour and I had my seat made to fit me on the bike I ride. Now I can also send it in for rework for free ( minus shipping) because I broke it in according to them. The seat is for sale right now because the wifey can't ride like I had hoped she could due to a back injury. So some one on here or another forum, possibly eBay is gonna get one he'll of a deal on a sweet seat. Corbin also offers drive up service too. If you ride your scooter down there you can show them exactly everything you want and need and they'll make it for you. For the amoun of money they cost, I'd rather buy directly from them for the warranty and rework policy along with the customization. Not into cookie cutter items for that kind of money. Just my .02 cents.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmy z
Call Tri County HD and ask to speak to Jenni.Last month I ordered my Corbin solo seat w/backrest, V-rail,and custom flame stitching.I told her I'm a member here and got 20% off list price.Got the seat about three weeks later.Smooth transaction,no complaints,great seat.Saved over a hundred bucks.
Correct. Don't talk to "them", talk to Jenni.

Maybe I just got lucky, but I didn't need the seat customized at all. It's fine off the shelf for me.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:13 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

Jenni still does Corbin seats. I talked to her on Monday, but ended up going directly through Corbin for the reasons stated above.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Short
Problem being with one or more of the Corbin vendors is they don't make the seat custom for you. You'll end up having to get it reworked down the line. I bought mine directly from Vince (ext 318) at Corbin. We talked for an hour and I had my seat made to fit me on the bike I ride. Now I can also send it in for rework for free ( minus shipping) because I broke it in according to them. The seat is for sale right now because the wifey can't ride like I had hoped she could due to a back injury. So some one on here or another forum, possibly eBay is gonna get one he'll of a deal on a sweet seat. Corbin also offers drive up service too. If you ride your scooter down there you can show them exactly everything you want and need and they'll make it for you. For the amoun of money they cost, I'd rather buy directly from them for the warranty and rework policy along with the customization. Not into cookie cutter items for that kind of money. Just my .02 cents.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Have never needed or used a seat "warranty"...guess I've been lucky.

What would it cover or what could break or go wrong?

Never gave it that much thought before.......

Last edited by Bgill; 01-05-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:46 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 396 Likes on 338 Posts

I do not miss a chance to tell of my experience with Corbin.

I ordered and paid premium pricing for a seat.

It arrived and was "hard as hell" I called Corbin and was told, "don't worry it'll break in".

well it didn't, and I had a $500 seat that was good for no more than 40 minutes before my *** went numb.

I called again after a couple of months, same thing - oh it takes longer than the other guy told you.
I asked if we could make a change- I'd PAY to alter it.

Well, before the darn thing ever broke in the vinyl basketweave covering started to crack

I called again, they said "sun exposure"- I told them the part that is cracked is under my butt when the bike is in the sun...I garage it and don't part it outside.
Well, then maybe I used a cleaner/conditioner on it, or maybe I didn't use a cleaner/conditioner on it...or...

Nope they won't do anything for me ( support the customer/ support the product).

I wrote Mike Corbin outlining my experience with his product & now his Reps.
I asked that he consider replacing my seat as a goodwill gesture in that the seat had been marginal from the get go.

He never took the time to respond.

It return, I always take a moment to tell other riders of my poor experience with Corbin.

I have 5 bikes in my garage, none has a Corbin product, and unlikely they ever will. Although Mike Corbin is always welcome to respond to my complaint.

Mike

Quick Reply: Corbin seats