Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011 | 08:38 AM
tonnetje
Cruiser

Originally Posted by thewholehog
Thanks Portdawg.... those 3 different pics really highlight how different the color is in different lights sunny vs cloudy etc....

Thanks for posting those pics..... Now I think I'm falling for the Sedona Orange....

is there someone whit the same pictures in merlot sunglow
very natural picture,s
better than all others so far on the forum

Old 01-02-2011 | 08:50 AM
stewy1200c
Road Captain

Both good colors, Sedona Orange IMO gets my vote

Old 01-02-2011 | 08:55 AM
Tazzrider
Road Captain

I vote Red Hot Sunglo (ducking!)

I like the Merlot, but don't like purple...so would be tough for me to go with that.
Then again, that orange is a wee bit too bright for these eyes.
Choices!
Good luck.

Old 01-02-2011 | 07:29 PM
thewholehog
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tazzrider
I vote Red Hot Sunglo (ducking!)

I like the Merlot, but don't like purple...so would be tough for me to go with that.
Then again, that orange is a wee bit too bright for these eyes.
Choices!
Good luck.
Yes, redhot sunbglo is a great color but not offered in 2011.... and yes the orange is bright....

Still on the fence. Might have to go with plain black if I cant decide.

Old 01-02-2011 | 07:30 PM
thewholehog
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by tonnetje
is there someone whit the same pictures in merlot sunglow
very natural picture,s
better than all others so far on the forum
Yeah, I would like to see some more "real life" pics of the Merlot in the sun light.

Old 01-02-2011 | 08:45 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by thewholehog
Yes, redhot sunbglo is a great color but not offered in 2011.... and yes the orange is bright....

Still on the fence. Might have to go with plain black if I cant decide.
The sunglo is a great color as well! I wish you could see the Sedona for yourself...I bought my RK while I was deployed this past summer....so it was almost a leap of faith for me as I bought the bike color unseen other than what was on the HD website. I had a black VTX before the HD (still have it actually) and no matter how much I tried to take care of it the swirls should up all over the tank......if you can devote the time I agree...black is a stunning color that looks awesome! But this time around it was gonna be something different.

So anyways I ordered the bike in August and did not receive it until November 11th......I arrived back in the States in mid October. I took a trip to the dealer that would be taking delivery of the RK for me to see what it looked like in person (Sedona Orange)....all the had on the floor in that color was a Wide Glide that was Sedona Orange with Black Flames.....when I first looked at the color on the tiny front fender I thought "This can't be the orange" it looks too rusty copper/brown......looked at the tag and yep! Sedona Orange....I was actually a little bummed out! I was thinking it would be brighter than what I saw on the Glide.

So the day came to pickup the bike in November and when they rode it out front in the bright sun I was like 'Wow!" The color REALLY pops in the sun for sure..and in the shade/indoors it is like someone flipped a switch lol

In any event I am more than pleased with my color choice.....when I looked at the Merlot it looked root beer to me...had me fooled until I saw the above pics of it on the SG and seeing how different it looks in the sun

Here is another shade/sun pic gallery

In these 2 pics you can see the diff in color when the sun hits it on the front of the bike vs the rear

Hope this helps a bit...hopefully someone with a Merlot will post some similar pics showing the diff in sun and shade and how that color changes

PD

Old 01-02-2011 | 09:01 PM
mike5380
Road Master

Well, if your not going to consider a BLACK one, then I'll go on a head and vote for the Merlot. Actually, the Merlot was a close second when I bought mine, but something about Black and Chrome.

Good Luck,

Mike

Old 01-02-2011 | 11:15 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

Hope these come thru to show the different shades colors of the merlot

Attached Thumbnails New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....-100_0509.jpg   New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....-100_0511.jpg   New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....-erics-harley4.jpg   New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....-100_0507.jpg   New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....-100_0512.jpg  

Old 01-02-2011 | 11:18 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

Port Dawg, you bring up an excellent point, the merlot tends to show dirt and the smallest scratches and swirls in the paint you can really notice it I don't think that would be as much of a problem with the orange.

Old 01-02-2011 | 11:35 PM
Crazy Larry
Advanced

I went with the Sedona Orange, really like the looks with Black.

]

Last edited by Crazy Larry; 01-02-2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: add photo

Quick Reply: New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....