Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am offically a dumb ass

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:48 PM
steelhead
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:50 PM
soulpony
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gmurdock
Where did you get saddle bag guards? I have an 09 and the dealer tells me there are none for Street Glides?
I believe you need PN# 49282-09B

Old 12-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Cruiser

Done it. Worse than that was when I got impatient working on a friends bike. I lifted the rear end to get a shock back on and ruptured a disc. No surgery yet, but I'll be paying for that one for a long time.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Reminds me of the time I went to the local shopping center. I found what I thought was a perfect spot to park. It was a narrow spot with a car on one side and a shopping cart return corral on the other. I carefully backed my RK in and started to lean the bike onto the jiffy stand, of course I had forgotten to put the stand down too! I almost got pinned against the bars of the cart corral, but I got to the point where I could catch the bike, keep it upright and put the stand down. So I'm a DA too!

Old 12-30-2010, 08:13 PM
vaham
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by brunosrk
.../.... It was the year of the bi-centennial (1976) and I was still drinking an using during that time. I rolled up to a light one night (not feeling much pain or anything else for that matter) after leaving a bar. I was riding one of those 70's style bikes with the extended front end that reached all the way into next Tuesday. Anyway , , , rolled up to the light, all hip, slick and cool and forgot to put my foot down and over I went. Very difficult to maintain "coolness" after a stunt like that.
+1.. same here, I was on my way home from an ABATE meeting in Arlington, VA, only a car full of sweet things pulled up beside me and laughed their butts off as they watched me try to be "cool" and drunk while trying to upright the old gal.. Glad I stopped drinking before I started riding a bagger !

Old 12-30-2010, 08:31 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by badknees
Another member of The Dumbass Club here.
Yep me too.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:00 PM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

To paraphrase "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy:

It takes a big man to admit he's a dumb ***...but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Just kidding. If that's the worst you do you're better off than 99% of the guys I know. Did it once before myself, but fortunately it was with my first sportbike and it was nothing for me to keep it from hitting the ground. Lesson learned first time though.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 PM
nicliv
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pearls

I wouldn't call you a dumb *** but now a wiser man. Mistakes are the pearls with which wisdom is purchased.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:55 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

there isn't enough ink in my keyboard to write every dumb thing i've done. i did about the same thing as you though. i parked my streetglide to the right of my late model corvette where i usually park it in my shop. went to set it over on the jiffy stand, and realized, hmm, my bike seems to be leaning over a bit too far. uh-oh, jiffy stand ain't down. pulled as hard as i could and was able to save it from dropping into the corvette. that would have truly screwed up a couple of my favorite toys.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:13 AM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Not a member of that club (yet)

Quick Reply: I am offically a dumb ass