Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am offically a dumb ass

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Uncle Ernie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did it with my Fat Boy a couple years back. I was moving it around in the garage when the security siren went off. The key fob was laying over on the workbench, and with all the excitement I forgot to put the stand down when I went to retrieve the fob. It caught me by surprise but I was able to ease it down on the engine guard.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:00 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I be an outstanding member of the club. It was raining and I got off to raise the garage door. oops
Kroozeabout.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:02 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a sad feeling, ain't it - that split second between when you expect to feel the jiffy stand and the instant you realize it's leaning over too far to catch it? So you ease it down gently. I did it with my FXST. Stood her up, realized the forks were still locked, and tried to put it back on the jiffy stand to get the key out of my pocket. Except the stand was already up. Busy talking to friends about how nice the bike looked. Embarrassing for sure.

2-1/2 years ago. Still see it like it was yesterday.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

The last thing you should have done was tell us!!

Old 12-30-2010, 03:18 PM
W0ace
Tourer

Almost lost mine down at a gas station one night. Following to close to car in front turning in. They stopped right inside the drive way, and I had to stop fast. Guess what, I was across the DIP in the drive for the water drainage! Yeah I was over 45* or so when my foot finally touched. Had to have wife get off ASAP as I stood holding it in that position. I got her back up without getting off, but my back sure told me about it for a few days after.....

Old 12-30-2010, 03:22 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See? Lots of company.

Spent the first 18 years of marriage trying to get my wife to ride. On one of our first two bike rides, we're both locked and loaded in the driveway. I give her that "are you ready?" nod. She reads it as "you go first" and we both take off for the same bit of driveway. I slammed on the brakes to avoid knocking her down - in full lock of course. Down I go with one leg under the bike. I'm waiting for her to come help and she just sits with her mouth open.

Only permanent damage was a broken mirror. Taught me to remember that I had no business assuming my wife should know all the non-verbal codes I picked in 20 years of riding.

BTW. Live in Beaverton OR and make a lot of trips to that place in Wilsonville! Nicest scary-lookin folks in the world there.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:35 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by mfuchs2004
See? Lots of company.

Only permanent damage was a broken mirror. Taught me to remember that I had no business assuming my wife should know all the non-verbal codes I picked in 20 years of riding. .

Umm, you are suppose to read her mind. At least that is what I've been told over and over and ......

Beary

Old 12-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Energy-Dude
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a matter of time, I'm not in the club on my HD yet. Knock on wood!!! But I've done it on a crotch rocket while talking to a girl when I was in college, cool points with her went to an all time low......

Old 12-30-2010, 07:33 PM
gmurdock
Tourer

Originally Posted by soulpony
For the first time in 13 bikes over the years I backed the bike out of the garage, was thinking about something else, got off bike and low and behold, didn't put down the jiffy stand, I learned 2 things, you can pick up a street glide (not easy) and saddle bag guards saved me from raising hell with the saddle bags.
Where did you get saddle bag guards? I have an 09 and the dealer tells me there are none for Street Glides?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Sandy Mike
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Been there, done that.

I understand there are only 3 kinds of riders:

1) Those who have forgot to put down the jiffy stand;
2) Those who will forget to put down the jiffy stand; and
3) Those who lie about it......

Quick Reply: I am offically a dumb ass