Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC5 vs. SERT

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010 | 08:01 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

If he's telling you up front that "you'll probably be back because it won't run right" I wouldn't give him one nickle of my money. I can understand him being more comfortable with one fuel management system over another, but for him to be willing to take your money knowing that he won't be able to tune it correctly would just **** me off.

Old 12-30-2010 | 03:03 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

i had a pcv when they came out. two wrong maps later, and i sold it. then i got the sepst, the newer version of the sert, and i'm really happy. i suppose i could have had the pcv dyno tuned, but the third party stuff just seems strange to me. i had the sepst dyno tuned and it works great, and it's not piggybacked on the ecm like the pcv is. each to their own, i'm happy with the sepst.

Old 12-30-2010 | 07:26 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

check out the new one from REV Performance.

Old 12-30-2010 | 07:49 AM
MSgt Rose
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
Wait a bit longer if you can.
I think that new Power Commander POWERVISION will most likely be the cats ***.
And you won't need a dyno guy.
What have you heard as far as the time frame on when this is coming out?

Last edited by MSgt Rose; 12-30-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-30-2010 | 07:56 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MSgt Rose
What have you heard as far as the time frame on when this is coming out? I googled it and could not find anything about this new product.
here is the thread, lots of info from moto/fuel

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...g-is-here.html

Old 12-30-2010 | 08:13 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Default Tuner

Just me thoughts, but i have been reading a lot about this too and have found 1 thing that stands out. Like some others said, use a guy who is totally sold on his product and will stand behind it. I am fortunate enough to live in WI where Fuel Moto is, and i will tell ya that Jamie and the guys there will work thru anything you can throw at them, and real true customer service is very hard to find. I have no experience with the others and can say nothing about themn, but I am tellin ya that these guys really do a great job and are a real stand up type of place.

Old 12-30-2010 | 09:23 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Just me thoughts, but i have been reading a lot about this too and have found 1 thing that stands out. Like some others said, use a guy who is totally sold on his product and will stand behind it. I am fortunate enough to live in WI where Fuel Moto is, and i will tell ya that Jamie and the guys there will work thru anything you can throw at them, and real true customer service is very hard to find. I have no experience with the others and can say nothing about themn, but I am tellin ya that these guys really do a great job and are a real stand up type of place.
+++1 on the Fuel Moto accolades. Jamie and his crew are very professional and stand behind their work. I had a previous bike (RKC) tuned there and it ran beautifully. Pained me to sell it. Another thought that you should consider before diving in......the SEST is married to your bike once it is installed. You can never sell it if you grow tired of it or transfer to another bike. The PCV runs ghostlike and can be removed or transferred to your next ride. Something to consider in these tough economic times.