Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flag Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a lot of confusion on which side of the bike is the 'right' side. It doesn't change no matter where you stand. From the front, the back, the sky, or under the dirt...the right 'hand' side never changes. As with your arms. No matter where someone is looking, the right side never changes.

Simple.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:18 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
WOW ! Lots of uninformed people still out there.....

http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html
Good job of making it easy for folks to see authoritative refs.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:28 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Yachtman
There is a lot of confusion on which side of the bike is the 'right' side. It doesn't change no matter where you stand. From the front, the back, the sky, or under the dirt...the right 'hand' side never changes. As with your arms. No matter where someone is looking, the right side never changes.

Simple.

Let's just go with Starboard and Port to eliminate any possibility of confusion.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:36 AM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread! If you are going to fly Old Glory, I don't think it's too much to ask that you take a few minutes and learn the "do's" and "don'ts" considering everything and everyone it represents.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:45 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds to me like you might hear from the critics no matter what.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:06 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Gee, I feel like a putz now. I had the American flag on the bike this past riding season, on the left, by the hinges of my tour pack. I had put it there thinking it would be out of the way when I would go into the pack. It only lasted for the season, kinda frayed now. I was going to replace it and put it back in the same place to cover the scratched paint I now have on the pack, not really bad but still scuffed up. I will be looking into some other longer lasting flags now as well as how to hide the scuffed paint and flying the new flag on the right side. Sure do learn a lot in this place....thanks to all.

Have a safe and happy New Year

Old 12-31-2010, 03:01 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
Let's just go with Starboard and Port to eliminate any possibility of confusion.
Now that there's some funny chit! Wouldn't it be easier though to go with "Red" & "Green" Side?

Old 12-31-2010, 03:21 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Hey A$$ H@t (yes, you sooie)...keep your degrating posts to yourself. I'm guessing you're not american, if you don't feel enough to post a decent comment about honoring our own flag.

Now, place of honor's always to the Right, as other "contributing" forum members already recommended.
Damn Sam, everyone else let it go and just ignored it. But you, nooooo, you just had to throw your 2 cents in about it. BTW, the word is degrading not degrating. Having retired from the USAF you have know also that the word "American" should always be capitalized. Opps, forgot, it isn't honor's either. No that I want to be the spelling the police but if you're gonna bitch someone out try to look more intelligent than they do.

Perhaps you should relax and enjoy life. Don't forget you're retired and not in charge of anything but yourself now.

BTW, "ICEMAN" was a fictional character in "Top Gun" and somehow I don't think you're "Val Kilmer".

Old 12-31-2010, 03:54 PM
jvvjvv
Tourer

GMC..........

Great video!!!

Last edited by jvvjvv; 12-31-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey there MrClint55!! Long time, and the Happiest of New Years to you and the family up there...........to the left and North of center line!! Is it cold enough yet for all the wood?

Stay well. Time to go party!