Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Dad or Milwaukee

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 06:16 AM
toby34
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no not at all just told both what size pipe i was going to use and that was it. I did have to make an adjustment to the front / side section of the fender but it was very very minor.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
cleanimages
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been trying to decide which to use also...probably leaning towards bad dad but had 1 question...

why would plastic be an advantage over fiberglass?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:01 PM
scot210
Tourer

I am in the process of putting on Bad Dad's bags, all in one fender and tank shroud. The product is good and the service from Jacob at Bad Dad was AWESOME. Are you going to run with a tour pac?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:41 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by scot210
I am in the process of putting on Bad Dad's bags, all in one fender and tank shroud. The product is good and the service from Jacob at Bad Dad was AWESOME. Are you going to run with a tour pac?
I do have a chopped tp, but only plan to use it for the old lady.

Please post up some pics and a review when your finished.

Did you go with a replacement fender or a cover?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Owen
Advanced

Heres my bought experience: "fitting" and being "straight" are two totally different things! Let your body man help with this. Ive got waaay too much in my rear end!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:51 AM
cleanimages
Road Captain

Are there any clearance issues when turning? Was concerned one sharp turn and lose a corner of bag? Im far from a wild rider, but just curious...

Old 01-07-2011, 10:01 AM
88 Paladin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
Do any of you guys with a combination of TS and either BadDad or Milwaukee post a pic straight from the back if possible?

Also, can someone post from a pic from behind of an all BadDad or Milwaukee set up? I think it would be great to see the differences.

Looking at the pics, the fenders and bags seem to match up pretty good. What about the actual exhaust cut out holes? With the combination, do the holes look right? Are they oval, circle??? There are two main things that concern me. First, do the actual cut outs match up to each other. Second, how do the actual cut out holes look when matched up? I don't want the holes to look wide, oval, etc.
My sig picture shows Bad Dad fender with top shop bags the slope and alignment is perfect.If your concerned with hole alignment I would go with Bad Dad fender and bags.
I wanted the holes bigger so orderd a blank fender from Bad Dad and made the cuts myself and then "back filled" them with glass,you can see a little of it in the pic. Jacob and Derk at BD are very cool people to deal with.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:04 PM
scot210
Tourer

I took off my stock fender and went with their "all in one". I did buy Bad Dad's tour pack rack, but after installing it, I wasn't happy with the look. I talked to Jacob @ Bad Dad and he said ship it back, no problem, no re-stocking fees, nothing. He is excellent. I went with Native Custom Bagger, there chrome tour pac rack, is quite a bit of a different profile and I do like the way it looks on the bike. I also want to not have any slots or holes on the rear fender and this rack allows that. I am waiting on a few more other parts and then it is off to paint, it has been a long drawn out process. Can't wait till spring is here. Have you looked at their website, there are a lot of customer pics to view.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
scot210
Tourer

I haven't gotten my bike on the road yet. I was concerned about cornering as well. Jacob at Bad Dad said that some guys have even lowered their bikes and it could come closeto grinding if you ride aggressively, but he said with stock suspension grinding a corner shouldn't be an issue. I did buy skid plates and bolted them to the underside of the stretched bag. It should save the paint if I do carve a corner a little to hard.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:40 PM
88 Paladin
Cruiser

My Road King is lowered about 3/4" and my bags are 3 1/2" stretched.
Fully loaded bags,t bag,Wife on the back,wrapped up tight in a mountain
turn.It will grind a little, I travel,so in my case skid plates are important.

Quick Reply: Bad Dad or Milwaukee