Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warm gloves

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:09 PM
envexed
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default warm gloves

Rode 100 miles Sunday in about 38 to 30 degree weather, at night and on the freeway.
My thumb tip was hurting the most along with the finger tips. I have heated grips on my Limited, on high and heavy leather gloves.
Are heated gloves a must? Any better gloves than the cheep ones I own that will keep your finger tips warm in below freezing temps?
Also what do you wear under your jacket and chaps to keep warm? Toes in your boots?
The heated gear is $$$ , a must?
The Limited is to much fun to park , what do you suggest?

Old 12-27-2010, 08:14 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by envexed
what do you suggest?
Heated gear.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:21 PM
artz
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heated gear definitely, but at this point why not try a pair of silk glove liners. About $10. Wouldn't hurt.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:26 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gerbing heated gear. My wife and I rode last night up to 9pm with temps below 40f and were nice and toasty.

We both have jacket liners and gloves. I have the heated in-soles too, but didn't use them last nite.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Gerbings. Jacket liner, T-5 gloves and dual controller.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:28 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

I wish I had the money I spent on gloves before I finally bought the Gerbings.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Lancemchn
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on all replies above. Pricey but the best money I've spent when you consider it lengthens your riding season to "year-round" depending on snow. I've been out in the teens with no problem whatsoever. The only cold part on my body is my face and that's only because I wear a beanie. If you go that route, a first investment MUST is the jacket and gloves w/ temp controller. If you only go with one or the other, the opposite will "feel" colder. That's my and I'm stickin to it. :-)

Old 12-27-2010, 10:28 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, and I'm griping about riding in the mid to high 50's. You guys really deal with the cold!

Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I would like to hear about some actual personal experience with the Gerbings Hybrid gloves. If I am going to spend this much money it seems like I should at least get gloves that I can use off the bike as well as on it. Also it would be nice to ride without being all wired up. Anybody?

Old 12-28-2010, 12:19 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by envexed
Rode 100 miles Sunday in about 38 to 30 degree weather, at night and on the freeway.
My thumb tip was hurting the most along with the finger tips. I have heated grips on my Limited, on high and heavy leather gloves.
Are heated gloves a must? Any better gloves than the cheep ones I own that will keep your finger tips warm in below freezing temps?
Also what do you wear under your jacket and chaps to keep warm? Toes in your boots?
The heated gear is $$$ , a must?
The Limited is to much fun to park , what do you suggest?
If your riding down to freezing temps the only thing that will work well is heated gloves. Good insulated gloves take you to 40. Heated grips work too but are not as good as heated gloves. Also consider elephant ears (muffs) over your grips to protect your hands from the wind.

http://www.gerbing.com/Products/Gloves/T5.html

I have a heated jacket liner and the T5 gloves and cold temps don't seem to bother me any more. Wear motorcycle pants with polar fleece base layer on my legs. Thick socks and Sidi Goretex boots keep my feet warm. Also a helmet balaclava (to keep face and neck warm) with full face helmet (lots of anti fog spray on visor) is a must at freezing temps.

Last edited by fat_tony; 12-28-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: warm gloves