Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT vs SEPST

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 03:39 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Default SERT vs SEPST

I thought the used bike I bought had the S/E race tuner but once I look at the service records I see it's the S/E pro super tuner. What's the difference?

Old 12-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

I understood them to be one in the same. Harley now has a "street tuner" listed in the 2011 parts catalog. The SEPST is only found in the Screamin' Eagle catalog and is for "race use only." I always thought that was where the SERT designation came from.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:52 PM
tking308
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, mine from '08 is a "SERPT" Screaming Eagle Pro Race Tuner. No idea what the differences are.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:52 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you bought the bike, they should have given you the interface box in case changes ever need to be made or the computer needs to be read. Without that box, you are dead in the water, and will have to spend the plus $400 for a new one.

For this year, HD has added the street tuner which allows preloaded maps to be loaded, but not custom made maps created on the dyno. Originally, it was called the Race Tuner, then they changed the name.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:33 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,135 Likes on 1,798 Posts

The difference between the SERT and the SEPST is the tuning capabilities for the user. Those that have the SERT's can get them changed over to TTS Mastertune for $100 as they used to make the SERT for HD.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:51 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WheelGlider
When you bought the bike, they should have given you the interface box in case changes ever need to be made or the computer needs to be read. Without that box, you are dead in the water, and will have to spend the plus $400 for a new one.
This is correct. Make sure you have the SERT or the SEPST or whatever it actually is. Hopefully if you don't have it, whoever sold it to you does and you can still get it.

Dennis

Old 12-26-2010, 06:58 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior

Yeah, I called the selling dealer and had the box shipped to me.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:59 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior

Is one better than the other? When I dropped the wife's FLSTC off for winter storage they were planning on installing the race tuner but I haven't stopped back in to see if that's actually what she got or not.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by HighLiner
Is one better than the other? When I dropped the wife's FLSTC off for winter storage they were planning on installing the race tuner but I haven't stopped back in to see if that's actually what she got or not.
The race tuners actually upload a new map to the ECM. You don't really "install" the race tuner, cause once the map is uploaded to the ECM via the included software and interface box, it overwrites the existing map with the new map, then you disconnect the interface box and you are done. Or at least done until the next time you try to refine your tune either on a Dyno or by trial and mostly error. The race tuners "marry" to one bike and one bike only the first time you connect the box and go through the initial process.

Last edited by Lowcountry Joe; 12-26-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:36 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
The race tuners actually upload a new map to the ECM. You don't really "install" the race tuner, cause once the map is uploaded to the ECM via the included software and interface box, it overwrites the existing map with the new map, then you disconnect the interface box and you are done. Or at least done until the next time you try to refine your tune either on a Dyno or by trial and mostly error. The race tuners "marry" to one bike and one bike only the first time you connect the box and go through the initial process.

Yeah, I knew that!!!

Quick Reply: SERT vs SEPST