Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing battery heated gloves

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Gerbing battery heated gloves

I've been looking at the Gerbing battery powered gloves. Need some feed back from some of you that use them on a regular basis. How warm do they get ,and how long do the batteries last at lo, med, hi.
I have arthritis bad in my hands and have a hard time keeping them warm.
Ride safe and keep the rubber side down. JR

Old 12-26-2010, 06:54 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 541 Posts

Jrsess,

I know you are down in Florida, and don't know how much you will actually wear the heated gloves. The Gerbing heated gloves are just plan awesome. As far as battery vs wired to battery, I can only speak about the hard wired ones. I'm sure someone will chime in soon.
I can tell you that like others on the site, I have both the jacket liner & heated gloves and I don't know what took me so long! a great investment for traveling and the cold weather riding. One advantages of the hard wired is that you can hookup every heated component up to the same wire lead to the bikes battery. It's a little weird the first time you use it, but after that. It's a piece of cake.
You might wan't to look in the Gerbing's heated glove liners. Not as thick as the riding gloves and if it's too warm you can take off your leather gloves.

Good luck,

YELLOWBIRD

Old 12-26-2010, 07:29 AM
smat45
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the hybred (battery or plug-in) gloves by gerbing. i developed some frost bite after riding a season w/out good gloves so i bought the gerbings to see if these would help. they are a little bite thicker then what i was used to, so that took about a week or so to break-in.
i ride 25 miles to work...can wear them on high...store them in my bags then wear them home on high and they almost last the whole way home. the medium setting is no problem there and back.
i've worn them to my sons hockey games...some of those rinks can get pretty cold when you're just standing there...and they work great!
drawbacks that i have found - kind of expensive...paid over $250.00 (think the price has come down a bit since i bought) the gauntlet part of the glove (over the sleeve) is a nylon and 1st time i used them slide off my bike and just touched my pipes 'pssst' hole in nylon...aargh! still work great thou...and don't plan on wearing your watch with the gloves. the battery is in a lil zipper compartment which is right on top of where your watch is...this makes is hard to move your wrist back and forth when you tight'n the gloves.
the positives outweigh the negitives...i figure each of my fingers is worth $25. the hole was my fault. and i have a clock on my HK stereo.
i would buy them again. along w/my battery powered vest...i'm nice and toasty. 2 full riding seasons and still going strong...just keep em charged-up and you're good to go. they allow me to concentrate on riding and not distracted about how cold my frick'n hands are...lol
smat