Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed my Saddlebag Guards, you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010 | 06:12 AM
jcr
Cruiser

To be honest I like the look and think they protect the bags from num nuts tht park to close.
I am in the process of getting a new CVO Ultra Classic and am bummed that I am going to have t purchase a set for that bike. Maybe anyway. I hae to have to put any more $ into a bike that expensive.
Seems like Harley is the only company in America that does not understand we are in a recession. But that is going to bite them down the raod.
Kids today do not care about owning a Harley when they are able to.
When we werre in shcool everyone that either wanted to ride or planned on it after high school wanted a Harley as soon as they could afford one.
Now they all want the metrics cause they can afford them. And they are all water cooled.

Old 12-25-2010 | 08:19 AM
mackcr
Cruiser

Took the rails that go around the bags off when they started to rust. Replaced the guards with like new ones found at a swap meet. The new bars did not have the holes for the wrap around bars. They were a pain anyway.

Attached Thumbnails Removed my Saddlebag Guards, you?-smokey-mtn.jpg  
Old 12-25-2010 | 08:34 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

I got some of the guards that fit in the front of the bags, haven't put them on yet, but seriously thinking about puttin' em' on if it ever warms up here.
I know that in a real accident they wouldn't do much of anything, but I don't think that's what their intended for anyway.
I think that they're intended for the stupid accidents that happen at slow speed w/these cumbersome hogs..

Old 12-25-2010 | 08:39 AM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member

I had considered taking mine off, but a month after buying the bike, had a little incident in a parking lot trying to 180 into a parking space. Bike went over, got a dent on the saddlebag guard. Would have hated to see the damage it would have done to the very expensive bag. Cost me $40 to put a new guard on (since people take them off and sell them cheap), would have been over ten times that to replace the bag. So, the guards stay on.

Old 12-25-2010 | 08:51 AM
RAP
Road Master

Yep, gone.

Old 12-25-2010 | 08:56 AM
ppilotmike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jcr
To be honest I like the look and think they protect the bags from num nuts tht park to close
This is the reason I added them to my FLHT, right side bag has a nasty scare some cage driving idiot installed for me.

Old 12-25-2010 | 08:56 AM
xkvator
Tourer

I'd like to buy a set of take-offs for my '11 Limited...

Old 12-25-2010 | 09:10 AM
Bgill
Road Master

Originally Posted by xkvator
I'd like to buy a set of take-offs for my '11 Limited...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gotcha covered......check your personal message box.

Old 12-25-2010 | 09:12 AM
djaudette
Road Master

I like the look with the guards, had them powder coated gloss black along with the saddlebag latches.

Old 12-25-2010 | 11:10 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member

that is one good looking Ultra -- nice job
Originally Posted by Bgill
Gone along with the fugly bumpers.....

Quick Reply: Removed my Saddlebag Guards, you?