Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe Someone Can Explain This To Me, I Don't Get It...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 11:15 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pargenz
And, for parts not in stock, a $2 shipping charge per line item.
Now that might be the biggest rip off I've heard of so far. They charge you $2 per item to order something that they don't keep in stock? I bet they don't deduct $2 when you go to the rack, pull it off the wall and walk to the register with it yourself. I'd probably never buy anything from them with that kind of nickle and dime crap.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:19 AM
drbald1
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some independent shop owners have figured all this out. I've seen MOCO parts offered through the independents for a substantial discount. They drop by the local dealership, buy the parts with their discount, and pass that on to the customer.

Result: a customer who supports a local business AND gets MOCO parts. The local indy shops usually get the "higher traffic" logic...they have to!

Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by drbald1
Some independent shop owners have figured all this out. I've seen MOCO parts offered through the independents for a substantial discount. They drop by the local dealership, buy the parts with their discount, and pass that on to the customer.

Result: a customer who supports a local business AND gets MOCO parts. The local indy shops usually get the "higher traffic" logic...they have to!
Good chance the locol indy you speak of would lose his discount if the dealer knew what he was doing with it.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Trader
????????????????????? WTF ????????????????????????????
" And no I am not rich "
Calling you out on this one pal.
1. Maybe you made a typo and meant 20,000 over 6 yrs.
2. There is a considerable difference in defining the word " rich "
3. 33,000 plus a yr for the past 6 yrs. Or putting it this way, a new SE Ultra every year..... if you bought it on the " odd MENS NIGHT w/ 20% off.
4. ???????? WTF ???????
5. Repeat # 4

Call all you like Pal. I had 70k in just 2 of the 6 bikes I have bought. but what ever.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Instead of whining about the dealership's lack of discount,..... (never gonna change),.......

.....we should be praising the online people for giving us the wonderful resource to get parts cheaper with less effort.

As far as "support your local dealer" is concerned, how many here support their local Chevy dealer or Mazda dealer?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:51 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ripper43
Call all you like Pal. I had 70k in just 2 of the 6 bikes I have bought. but what ever.
I think what he is saying if spent 200,000 in 6 years you must be rich and if not rich NUTS.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:58 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Instead of whining about the dealership's lack of discount,..... (never gonna change),.......

.....we should be praising the online people for giving us the wonderful resource to get parts cheaper with less effort.

As far as "support your local dealer" is concerned, how many here support their local Chevy dealer or Mazda dealer?
Good point, Ed.

Vehicle dealerships are generally the same in this regard. That being said, I would give a local dealer my parts business if they offered the same value. I am thankful that discounters are out there.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:02 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've "special ordered" things at the dealer with a 2-3 week lead time. O can get the same item on a couple days for less via internet.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:58 PM
ThePointman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
I disagree.
Originally Posted by BadPiggy
I think the key to a good business plan is VOLUME.
I'd much rather have 10% profit from $10 million in sales than 20% profit from $1 million in sales.
If you're offering better discounts, naturally, you're going to get more traffic.
Traffic creates sales.
+1 and also LOW volume could end up being NO volume and we all know what that means..

Old 12-23-2010, 02:15 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Just went through that with a set of wheels. $749 each at the dealer, $609 each at Zanotti's. Dealer wouldn't budge. Asked about discount on mounting.....No!
Doesn't make sense. I guess there are enough guys out there that just don't care how they throw their cash around.

Quick Reply: Maybe Someone Can Explain This To Me, I Don't Get It...