Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe Someone Can Explain This To Me, I Don't Get It...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pargenz
That's not been my experience. Inside every package ordered from Zanotti is a Zanotti invoice. I doubt the MoCo is doing that. My guess is that they have daily shipments from H-D and they simply box them up and the UPS guy picks them up on his daily visit.
Also, the UPS shipping labels on the boxes show that the package started its journey in Butler, PA.
Not a whole lot of repacking involved, considering they receive them in packages. Might have to sort a little and repack, but should be minimal.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:52 PM
scheduler
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyote
I go to Suburban Motors in Thiensville... They give EVERYONE who buys parts 10% off.. You don't even have to ask..they just do it. I have never tried to pricematch an online price with them so I am not sure they would do it..maybe somebody else has done it. My point is,,,,,,they give 10% everyday and that's why I go back to them for all my parts and anything else I need..

Suburban rules for parts 10% off all the time. They don't do pricematch,
i tried once.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Not a whole lot of repacking involved, considering they receive them in packages. Might have to sort a little and repack, but should be minimal.

BTW: I have done returns with Chicago HD (internet order) before and it was truly painless. Wrong windshield (had the cutout for the RK nacell) and the mistake was my error.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:37 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by shredder22
Zonotti's just makes it too convienent not to shop there with the discount they give if your buying HD products. You can do the math all day long and there is no way it's not to your advantage.....JMO
they also discount drag specialties parts as well. not just hd. to see your discount, enter the drag spec item number in the shopping cart, but hit the drop down arrow and enter 'aftermarket' as opposed to 'hd'

i've bought quite a few aftermarket parts from them as well.

Originally Posted by Chuck1
Yeah but see, your math is wrong, it's only $140. Sorry
okay, bust my chops for that one. i didn't break out the calculator, just a quick lookee on my part. but my original argument still stands....

Old 12-24-2010, 03:44 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by pargenz
As an example of an upcoming purchase:

Vented lowers (58854-10DBJ) --- MSRP is $649.95
Detachable hardware kit (58146-07) --- MSRP is $99.95

Same parts, ordered from Zanotti:
Vented lowers are $498 (difference of $151.95)
Hardware kit is $78 (difference of $21.95)
i know how you can save an additional $78.00. skip the detachable hardware kit for the lowers. even without it, there are only 3 bolts holding each one on. from what i've heard, it takes just as long to remove them with the detachable kit, than without it....

Old 12-24-2010, 03:49 PM
xkvator
Tourer

Originally Posted by VTGlideRider
I wonder if you walked in to a Zanottis or Surdyke if you would get the same pricing over the counter as you would online.
i walked into Zanottis a couple months ago to get the old style derby cover gasket...paid for it,and when i got in the truck, i looked at the receipt...gave me their online discount...
went back in and asked parts guy about it, and he checked computer, and he said it was because i was in the system as an online buyer...
he said it probly shouldnt have done it, though...but asked if i wanted anything else...

Old 12-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by xkvator
i walked into Zanottis a couple months ago to get the old style derby cover gasket...paid for it,and when i got in the truck, i looked at the receipt...gave me their online discount...
went back in and asked parts guy about it, and he checked computer, and he said it was because i was in the system as an online buyer...
he said it probly shouldnt have done it, though...but asked if i wanted anything else...
You should have demanded to pay full price.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:05 PM
knife_edge
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I realized one day when I made a call to one of the websites I deal with and asked the same question. I was told that their website sales are an entirely different part of sales for the dealership. The dealership would not offer anyone 20% who walked in from the street. The 20% sale only applied to the website's customers and they had a person handling that inventory from their warehouse or would just order anything I wanted from harley.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:06 PM
xkvator
Tourer

Highlands HD in Somerset, Pa. and LaValle, Md. have 25% off in stock or ordered parts/clothes on Black Friday & Mothers Day...
used to be 30%...cut it back to 25% the last 2 years...
there were 7 lines, that had at least 10 people deep, all day long...@ 30%
now, you can walk in anytime and maybe have someone in front of you...

Cerinis matched their 30% off prices one year...the owners son told me weeks later, that they probly wouldnt do it again...with the cost of extra help, etc, they did a little better than broke even...
they would give you 20% off for a year when you bought a bike years ago...

Z&M, where i've bought a couple bikes has 20% off at the Chili Cookoff in the fall...spring sales are usually 15%

more profit on clothes...i heard its 50 to 100%
Zanottis discount is 30%+...wife got a jacket that was almost 50% off...

Old 12-24-2010, 04:10 PM
xkvator
Tourer

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
You should have demanded to pay full price.
i offered to, if it was going to get him in trouble...or come out of his pocket...
he laughed and said its the computers fault, not his...

Quick Reply: Maybe Someone Can Explain This To Me, I Don't Get It...