Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nolan N-com Stereo Bluetooth Helmet Systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 12:19 PM
fragmentum
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fragmentum
My wife and I plan to outfit our new Nolan N-90 helmets with the N-Com system with E-Box bluetooth this summer. I would like to run a less expensive Nuvi Garman GPS rather than the more expensive Garmin ZUMO systems. It's the ECONOMY...
I would like the Nuvi GPS (ie: 2460LMT or 2595LMT) to bluetooth connect with my N-Com E-Box system. I had a converstaion with a rep from Nolan on the subject after discovering the ZUMO models listed as compatible with the N-comm systems are all outdated models. He suspected that the Nuvi systems for cars would not pair up with the N-comm system because the bluetooth protocols are different.
Has anyone had the opportunity to try to connect via bluetooth the N-comm bluetooth and any of the Garmin Nuvi bluetooth GPS systems?
Further investigation seems to point to the fact that the GPS units and whatever headsets with Bluetooth capability you use to pair them up you need to have A2DP technology on both units so they will recognize each other on the piconet. So, Garmin Nuvi GPS units don't have A2DP but their Zumo GPS units do. I read about this issue here: http://forums.gpsreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=23374

Old 11-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

I bought the Nolan system few months ago for my Nolan helmet long story short it didn't work for me can't use stock CB to communicate with others and you must use Ebox to hear the music in stereo.Didn't care to charge more batteries every time you stop so I got refund and bought J&M head set specifically made for Nolan for better sound and communication.AS for the GPS I plug it into my Aux port and don't need to talk on the phone while riding, I ride to get away from that crap.