Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brukus Saddlebag Secure install...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Brukus Saddlebag Secure install...

You can get their Christmas specials here.
http://brukus.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-pro...parts&pc=11130

I ordered this kit on Friday, and it is here Monday. That is fast shipping, especially during the holiday season. This product is designed to make your saddlebags more secure. It eliminates the spring clips and stock pins that hold bagger bags on.

It replaces the spring clips with a threaded clip and the pins with a "security" screw to hold the bag on. The security screw is a torx plus or whatever it is called and it comes with the tool to put them on.

Very nice packaging and the instructions are clear and concise. It took 20 minutes taking my sweet time.

A big thank you to Kay from Brukus for getting my package out in such a timely fashion.

A note personally signed is always nice too. The human element is something too often forgotten in the information age.

Remove spring clip. I pulled it off by hand.

Here is the product. It comes preassembled for those who are directionally challenged.

Slide the new threaded clip on...

Screw in the security screws (I put my new custom organizer...)
Don't forget to tighten the bolts that hold on the part that the clips attach to.

That's it. So easy to do....

Drew

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 12-22-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:30 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I almost forgot to say that someone cannot pry your bag off with a screwdriver now. With the stock setup that is very easy to do. Thanks for looking out for me Brukus!

Drew

Old 12-20-2010, 10:45 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Great product indeed but it does have a downside. Instead of taking 20 seconds to get a bag off it may now take almost a minute. For the security of knowing your bags will be there wherever you decide to stop or the bogus clips letting your bags fly off going down the road, I will take the peace of mind any day. I have 3 of their products and can't wait for them to release the riders seat secure!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Great product indeed but it does have a downside. Instead of taking 20 seconds to get a bag off it may now take almost a minute. For the security of knowing your bags will be there wherever you decide to stop or the bogus clips letting your bags fly off going down the road, I will take the peace of mind any day. I have 3 of their products and can't wait for them to release the riders seat secure!!!!
I am aware of that. It's really not a big deal to me. 45 seconds per screw equals 4 minutes. I'm a busy guy, but I can always find 4 minutes.

Drew

Old 12-20-2010, 11:43 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put them on my Road King about six weeks ago. Easy to install and they do a better job of securing the hard bags. I also used one of their bolts to secure my seat. The system may not be perfect, what stsyem is, but they work great.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:03 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd love to use those but I have to pull my bag to adjust the air in my shocks. I had to relocate the valve due to the removable luggage rack.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:35 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

ok, so what's the cost of Brukus vs going to the hardware store and buying it piece by piece?
I think I was out about $9 for my last bike, and I was at the store anyway, so gas costs didn't factor in. I used wing screws to speed up mount/de mount

...I thought those wings would catch on something but so far they have not....

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 12-21-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:41 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

That is always an option, but I prefer to support others in this industry to see that there will still be an industry in the future.

Drew

Old 12-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceFace
I'd love to use those but I have to pull my bag to adjust the air in my shocks. I had to relocate the valve due to the removable luggage rack.
RaceFace - I have to pull my bag to adjust the air in my shocks, too. SaddlebagSecure maybe adds another minute to the process. That's what some of the previous posts are talking about. When I designed the product - I wasn't thinking of selling it, so I made it as convenient yet secure as I could for my own preferences.

So now it takes you literally 30 seconds longer to put in each Security Screw than to twist the OEM pins, but the security is definitely worth the extra 2 minutes total for both bags.

Most customers let us know that it takes them longer to remove the OEM parts the first time than to install our product. Then it's just a matter of removing the security screws when you want to remove your bags.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Skidrow
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Dr, just ordered a set myself.

Quick Reply: Brukus Saddlebag Secure install...