Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bullet turn signal and relocation

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I am also interested in changing my 2009 Road King turn signal lights to the Street Glide style lights. But I don't know if it will work.

I have the 2009 touring parts catalog and the part number for the Road King fender pn 59579-09 is different than the Street Glide Fender PN 59731-09

But the differance my be due to it being drilled for the lower fascia.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:50 PM
zer0nim0
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default once more

how about the SG 09 rear turn signal part,,can i put it in ultra limited 11 ?
are both same width?

thanks bro.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Did That on my '09

Originally Posted by zer0nim0
how about the SG 09 rear turn signal part,,can i put it in ultra limited 11 ?
are both same width?
I installed the SG bullet bar on my '09 EGC... fender hole spacing for the baris the same. I used a Kuryakyn curved license plate bracket below; didn't remove the lower fender light and don't have any interference w/tag frame.

Also didn't use the led that mounts under the TS bar, but I did go w/laydown taillight lense w/clear bottom and round LED light. It doesn't put A LOT of light on the tag, but then I don't ride a lot at night anyway...

Old 12-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Stevaki
Cruiser

Hey Guys,
I've got a 2005 Road King Custom and just bought the taillight, rear turn signals, and license plate mount from a 2009 Streetglide. Everything looks like it'll fit but I'll have to let you know after the holidays.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Stevaki
Cruiser

What year was the street glide Shaw? Were all the plugs the same? My bike is in storage and I can't check it until after the holidays. It is driving me nuts! Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Arsharknose
Advanced

I put P/N 53702-04A on my new 11 Ultra Road Glide. I put the detachable kit on my bike and wanted to move the license plate below the tail light. It states for 08 and older but the dealer stated it was a straight plug and play hookup.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:40 AM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The bullets on short bar look pretty good.

Last edited by All Aces; 12-24-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Stevaki
What year was the street glide Shaw? Were all the plugs the same? My bike is in storage and I can't check it until after the holidays. It is driving me nuts! Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.
I ordered current p/n for TS bar only and used the sockets/seals etc. out of an older Road Glide bar that I had purchase off craigslist. Once I had it assembled, it was bolt on and plug in. The p/n for the bar only is 68629-05, but you probably want the entire assembly. I looked in the instructions for the bullet TS relocation kit and the bar/lense assembly p/n is not broken out separately. If you aren't going to relocate your tag under the TS bar, I have the bar that I didn't use; you would need the sockets/wires and o-rings. I'm getting ready to put the visor lenses on, so I will have red lenses to fit, may have the amber ones around somewhere also.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Stevaki
Disregard my previous post; just re-read where you already have the 2009 SG parts. They should fit without issue. The only thing that might come up is connecting the wire for the LED light that shines down on the tag (if you use it). Here's the instructions for the Bullet TS relocation kit, might help:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J04174.pdf

Old 07-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Ratherbe Riding
2nd Gear

I have an '01 Road King Classic and wish to do several mods to the rear, including moving the license down below the tailight, replacing the tailight with an angled one like in painey's photos above, with bright red led turn signals, and like the additional lights that dansflhti has in his bike in photo 3 ( http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...i/DSC01999.jpg )

My current set up is here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...177-image3.png

As you can see, I have the standard billboard setup, am not sure if the triangular shaped tubing bars for the bag mounts that are between the bags and fender would be in the way of anything but think not, and the bike has some old amber/blue dot signals. I plan to install the Kuryaken LED red turn signal inserts in those.

I would like to know where dansflhti got the wider fender light below the license tag, the additional light below that which fits where I just have a rubber bumper, if those lights have or are available in LED, and if there is a version of the laydown tail light like painey's that has a smooth face, and bright LEDs in it. I think I figured out the mentioned relocation kit for the tags. Any help appreciated.

Last edited by Ratherbe Riding; 07-04-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply: bullet turn signal and relocation