Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King owners are real riders.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:28 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Road King owners are real riders.

I have noticed a trend when i compare the touring line. It seems like those of us who choose a RK choose it for life. The SG, RG are mostly fads and have flooded the market, the UC changes hands quite often and usually the ones I see dont have many miles on them and the CVO and Limited are a rich mans toy and due to this demographic dont get to see much road either. Then there is the Road King with its traditional everlasting design, 100% bike just you and the road. Most RK's that I have seen have been tried and proven to be true for miles and miles, it kinda sucks cause I like all of the HD touring line and some are getting a sissy stamp cause of the short-term biker syndrome, and it seems like the drug of choice when it comes to this disorder is the fairing equipped models, come on guys at least keep it until its paid for.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:32 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Huh????

Old 12-20-2010, 07:33 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,370 Likes on 2,543 Posts

wow, i just don't even know how to respond to this.....

maybe in your area, but i would not say this is true across the board.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL!
step away from the drugs son....

Old 12-20-2010, 07:39 AM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

?????

Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master

Haha...just blowin off some steam. Seems like here in this area everyone I know has traded thier Fatboy, Streetbob, Wide Glide in for a SG or UC and almost have have already sold or traded those in for something else in some cases not even a HD and out of those that I know who started off with a RK still have em.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:43 AM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've gotta admit that I fell under the spell of the Street Glide for a while and even test rode one to get it out of my system. I would like to get a touring bike in the future and I agree that the Road King has a timeless appeal. I rented one for a weekend and enjoyed every minute. If I ever get to the place where I can get a touring bike and still keep my Dyna, it will be a hard choice between a Road King Classic and a Street Glide. They are both beautiful machines.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:43 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,978 Likes on 11,599 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
I have noticed a trend when i compare the touring line. It seems like those of us who choose a RK choose it for life. The SG, RG are mostly fads and have flooded the market, the UC changes hands quite often and usually the ones I see dont have many miles on them and the CVO and Limited are a rich mans toy and due to this demographic dont get to see much road either. Then there is the Road King with its traditional everlasting design, 100% bike just you and the road. Most RK's that I have seen have been tried and proven to be true for miles and miles, it kinda sucks cause I like all of the HD touring line and some are getting a sissy stamp cause of the short-term biker syndrome, and it seems like the drug of choice when it comes to this disorder is the fairing equipped models, come on guys at least keep it until its paid for.
Is this your personal opinion, or is it etched in stone somewhere ??

Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master

Originally Posted by ybnorml
Is this your personal opinion, or is it etched in stone somewhere ??
A little bit of opinion and experience here is a tad bid of proof of what I am saying, I see this all the time with riders here.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-the-dyna.html

Old 12-20-2010, 08:03 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And in the touring models catagory, the award for starting the thread that's the biggest waste of time/space goes to.... May I have the envelope please......

Quick Reply: Road King owners are real riders.