Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King owners are real riders.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 06:42 PM
tbear
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TitoFTW
And in the touring models catagory, the award for starting the thread that's the biggest waste of time/space goes to.... May I have the envelope please......
come on open the envelope

Old 12-20-2010, 07:03 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
wow, i just don't even know how to respond to this.....

maybe in your area, but i would not say this is true across the board.
Not true in our area either, in our local chapter the top mileage winners for 2010; man 31000 on a RG and woman 27000 on an Ultra. No RKs in the top 10

Old 12-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Zoomin Ultra
Cruiser

When I was looking for a new Harley, I set up a search on Fleabay that would notify me each day of any Road King that was listed - nationally. It was very easy to find a 2008 with 3,000 miles or less. Quite common actually.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:20 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JCleary
Quite frankly, I think most BMW riders are real riders, and MOST, not ALL Harley riders are posers and fad followers.

In fact, if I didn't have so much cash wrapped up in the Street Glide I'd ditch it for a Dyna and get a BMW again for long rides...

I really wish Harley would invest and build a world-class sport touring bike, similar to a R1200RT, K1200GT, K1600GT, Kawi Concours 14, or Honda ST1300. Make me want to own a Harley for something other than its classic styling...
Wow......you need to sell the SG and get on the Dyna/Beemer. Life's too short. Or did you just come on to take some "heat" away from fireaxxe?

To fireaxxe......wait until I tell my wife she is the "real deal" in the biker world even though she only clocks about 8K miles per year. She will be thrilled! Or not give a rats ****.......not sure which, probably the later.

To all you guys who own great HD fairing bikes, in the words of the Joker. "why so serious?"

Old 12-20-2010, 09:30 PM
albatross
Road Warrior
Received 296 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by groupw
........ &fkU2, bro.
.... when i read your initial post, i just thought "what a pathetic rabble rouser', now I understand that it's so, so much sadder than that.
I'll give you RG owners full props; you aren't fad followers and that's cool. SG's on the other hand are getting as common as lyin' politicians. Can't imagine how you'd find your bike at a rally after a few brewskies-be damn near impossible if it was black.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:40 PM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is some funny stuff. Some folks sure know how to start a thread.....

Old 12-20-2010, 09:41 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
I have noticed a trend when i compare the touring line. It seems like those of us who choose a RK choose it for life. The SG, RG are mostly fads and have flooded the market, the UC changes hands quite often and usually the ones I see dont have many miles on them and the CVO and Limited are a rich mans toy and due to this demographic dont get to see much road either. Then there is the Road King with its traditional everlasting design, 100% bike just you and the road. Most RK's that I have seen have been tried and proven to be true for miles and miles, it kinda sucks cause I like all of the HD touring line and some are getting a sissy stamp cause of the short-term biker syndrome, and it seems like the drug of choice when it comes to this disorder is the fairing equipped models, come on guys at least keep it until its paid for.
Not certain I can agree with your analysis. Had RG and RK, allways perfered to ride the RG after buying it vs the RK. RG just seemed more comfortable. Put 40K miles on the RG vs 18K on the RK. Maybe it is the east coast, but out west here, when a days ride may be 5 or 600 miles. I will take my RG vs the RK any day.

my .02

Old 12-20-2010, 09:44 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah ... not sure I agree with the op completely, but I do declare that the Road King is kinda the perfect machine, at least for me.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:49 PM
jlfabian
Tourer

Well, ya' know, the fad looks to be joining in this thread... I certainly don't want to be left out, seein' I ride a Road King in the fastest color and all...

Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've always thought that a black Road King is the best looking bike Harley makes.

But I didn't buy my Ultra for looks. Although it's grown on me, I still think it's a geezer glide. I bought it for two up comfort and for storage.

I ride as much as I can. Some ride more, others less. I don't really care.

I have no idea which model of Harley gets ridden the most miles on average. I doubt if anyone else does either. If so, show me the source of your information.

Peace on earth, good will towards men - and young ladies dressed as elves.

Quick Reply: Road King owners are real riders.