Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King owners are real riders.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:33 AM
reh13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pumba11
This man is correct! Us RK riders are 2%'s! We are the meanist, badest, hardest riding motherfockers that ever hit the pavement. And the scoot is paid for! So all pantywaist fairing fruitcakes better watch out cause we can mess you up! Try to keep up you slo-mo's!

Sorry, couldn't help myself...I crying from laughter as I type! Everybody is so serious.

Peace out!
CHICKEN ****, come ride with us...WE'RE THE 1/2 %'ers

Actuall we're a lot more half *** than bad ***, but people laugh when we call ourselves half ***'ers.
It's kinda embarassing, so we just call ourselves the 1/2 %'ers.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:48 AM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
Haha...just blowin off some steam. Seems like here in this area everyone I know has traded thier Fatboy, Streetbob, Wide Glide in for a SG or UC and almost have have already sold or traded those in for something else in some cases not even a HD and out of those that I know who started off with a RK still have em.
My buddy just sold his 07 RK with little over 3k on the odo. I've done that in 9 days on my Ultra... just sayin,,, and blowin off steam too, ha

Old 12-20-2010, 12:01 PM
bmcgc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you make a statement to justify why you are better than someone else, you usually are not.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:31 PM
slyder
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! I wish i could have the 15 minutes back it took me to read this thread.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:40 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I get his drift.

Most people are not riders they are motorcycle owners which give us that do ride the chance to guy great bikes at low prices. With that being said..... a lot of motorcycle owners buy the biggest baddest they can afford Ultra etc. They trade they trade etc. Most that buy the King keeps them. Honestly in my area I have to agree with that also. Most that I know that buy the King is buying a touring bike that they can afford and do not plan to resale. Pending on the area your in would it be true or not. Another part of NC I know people are buying the Heritage and not trading it but touring with it. I spend a lot of time in both geographic areas so the King area they look at me as you got a Heritage to tour? In the area that loves the Heritage its the norm.

Touring bikes above the King in both areas normally have a lot of miles put on them if the owner is a rider and that is mostly all I hang around. The wealthier Touring bike riders do seem to trade a lot but they trade with hard road miles on them. Suck as 35K in 1 1/2 years and so forth.

In summary there are many motorcycle owners but fewer bikers. For those that are motorcycle owners I thank you. I like used bikes that are in good condition at discounted prices.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:50 PM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kykurnal
You're only the "real deal" because you got it in Vivid Black...
I knew I was cool for a reason.............

Old 12-20-2010, 12:51 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuce Bigelow
LOL!
step away from the drugs son....
or, pass it this way, cause that must be some good chit he's got there!

Old 12-20-2010, 01:22 PM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by slyder
WOW! I wish i could have the 15 minutes back it took me to read this thread.
best response yet

Old 12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have noticed a trend when i compare the touring line. It seems like those of us who choose a RK choose it for life. The SG, RG are mostly fads and have flooded the market, the UC changes hands quite often and usually the ones I see dont have many miles on them and the CVO and Limited are a rich mans toy and due to this demographic dont get to see much road either. Then there is the Road King with its traditional everlasting design, 100% bike just you and the road. Most RK's that I have seen have been tried and proven to be true for miles and miles, it kinda sucks cause I like all of the HD touring line and some are getting a sissy stamp cause of the short-term biker syndrome, and it seems like the drug of choice when it comes to this disorder is the fairing equipped models, come on guys at least keep it until its paid for.
Right on, Road King Brother! I could not have said this better.

And, for you doubters out there, words to this effect regarding the Road King are actually carved in a stone monument outside of the Harley-Davidson Museum.

But it gets worse! So much worse ...

Results of a recent HOG survey statistically proved that any owner of a touring model - other than a Road King - is 7 times more likely to cross-dress and/or order frou-frou drinks than a Road King owner.

Freaking yikes

Old 12-20-2010, 01:53 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

The SG, RG are mostly fads and have flooded the market, the UC changes hands quite often and usually the ones I see dont have many miles on them and the CVO and Limited are a rich mans toy
.......... come on guys at least keep it until its paid for.
...... 'tis better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to opens one's mouth (or turn on the 'puter') and remove all doubt.

........ my 'fad' bike was aquired before it was 'cool' to 'jump the shark', t'was paid for from day 1, and ain't going to leave my sight till the MoCo builds an RGU in the right color !

Quick Reply: Road King owners are real riders.