Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King owners are real riders.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:04 AM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Some rant. I could of swore the FLHX was the hottest selling bagger in the HD line? Due to I own a FLHR, I'd have to ask a SG owner if it was a fad purchase, and they purchased under duress due to it's the bagger to own it seems. Only reason I bought the Road King was because I could take off the windshield while washing it. Nobody ever told me I was the "real deal" since I ride an FLHR. What such a funny thought!

Last edited by wagsrk08; 12-20-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:12 AM
kykurnal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not everyone fits into your generalization. When I got the Dyna I thought that would be my last Harley. Two years later we went for the UCL so my wife could ride. I kept the Dyna because I really enjoy the ride. What I see are lots of baggers with single riders...

Old 12-20-2010, 08:13 AM
oldguy1946
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
I have noticed a trend when i compare the touring line. It seems like those of us who choose a RK choose it for life. The SG, RG are mostly fads and have flooded the market, the UC changes hands quite often and usually the ones I see dont have many miles on them and the CVO and Limited are a rich mans toy and due to this demographic dont get to see much road either. Then there is the Road King with its traditional everlasting design, 100% bike just you and the road. Most RK's that I have seen have been tried and proven to be true for miles and miles, it kinda sucks cause I like all of the HD touring line and some are getting a sissy stamp cause of the short-term biker syndrome, and it seems like the drug of choice when it comes to this disorder is the fairing equipped models, come on guys at least keep it until its paid for.

You're pretty full of yourself but the real riders are still riding their rigids they've owned since new!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:14 AM
kykurnal
Tourer

Originally Posted by wagsrk08
... Nobody ever told me I was the "real deal" since I ride an FLHR. What such a funny thought!

You're only the "real deal" because you got it in Vivid Black...

Old 12-20-2010, 08:17 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Huh? Anecdotal evidence presented as facts?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:20 AM
wild hog
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

WTF? "Sissy Stamp".."Real rider". Dude lay off the pipe!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:22 AM
hksigman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sorta can relate to the original post. I constantly state that if i had to only keep one bike, it would be my roadking

The roadking is a versatile bike it can go from cruiser to long distance rider....
There are companies that actually make stuff so that if you desire, you can remove the bags and put these products on so it doesnt look so out of place...

Old 12-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Tazzrider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
I have noticed a trend when i compare the touring line. It seems like those of us who choose a RK choose it for life. The SG, RG are mostly fads and have flooded the market, the UC changes hands quite often and usually the ones I see dont have many miles on them and the CVO and Limited are a rich mans toy and due to this demographic dont get to see much road either. Then there is the Road King with its traditional everlasting design, 100% bike just you and the road. Most RK's that I have seen have been tried and proven to be true for miles and miles, it kinda sucks cause I like all of the HD touring line and some are getting a sissy stamp cause of the short-term biker syndrome, and it seems like the drug of choice when it comes to this disorder is the fairing equipped models, come on guys at least keep it until its paid for.

LOL... how can anyone resist opening this thread with THAT title? LOL
Some funny chit for sure.
I bet there are some passionate 10 speed riders who's yearly mileage would put many so called "real King riders" to shame...lol
Perspective is everythang eh!

Signed,
"Fake" Rider who rides any chance he gets....lol

Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 AM
jafhdo
Cruiser

Must be a regional kinda thing.

Most of the HD's I see when riding on the weekends are EGs, SGs and RGs. EGs are almost always 2up, SGs and RGs seem to me 1up. Most of the RKs I see are around town and seem to be mostly washer/waxer types.

Since it's gotten cold it seems only people still commuting are EGs, SGs and some softtails.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 667 Likes on 414 Posts

There's some element of truth in the original post. Touring bike owners do keep their bike a long time. Also, the Electra Glide and Road King are the most popular touring models.

Quick Reply: Road King owners are real riders.