Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King owners are real riders.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 07:28 AM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OU812
Around here there more kings for sale,I love my Street Glide, If all I wanted was a windshield I would have kept my Deluxe. I want a Dyna too.....
Dude, your avatar is mesmerizing.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Marine Trader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by .357 Magnum
Oh jesus, not this **** again... did you know the answer to what "Harley neeeeeds to do" is the same as it was the last fifteen times some ****** on the internet tried to tell them what to do? Not listen to ******* on the internet!

Learn this well: boys who aren't yet out of the short-pants-wearing phase, and demand motorcycles that can beat their buddies at redlight-to-redlight racing, do not have enough discretionary income to keep any motorcycle manufacturer afloat. Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, BMW, Triumph, all have to supplement their sportbikes with practical commuting and touring bikes because, when they get out of the short-pants-wearing phase, they learn that riding around with their legs all wadded up under their asses gets uncomfortable after a few hundred miles. Cruisers! Tourers! Commuters! Above all, engineering for low maintenance! That's where the money is.

You want to ride, or do you want to do pain-in-the-*** valve adjustments? You want to ride, or do you want to sit around and go through thread after thread on the internet about how to sync multiple carbs? You want to ride, or do you want to fight over which chain oiler works best, or how to lube your chain manually without slinging excess lube everywhere? This is what the other forums talk about. Even the BMW forums have far too many threads about welds breaking and shaft drives bursting into flames (!). Have you read the letters section in this month's MCN? Just got my copy in the mail today: Ducati owners are seeing their plastic tanks melting due to ethanol in fuel! Harley needs to keep building bikes for people who value mechanical simplicity and love to ride. They don't need to repeat their mistakes with Buell and Aprilia, as ******* on the internet keep whining that they should.
+1............. nuff said

Old 12-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Ultra 08
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldguy1946
You're pretty full of yourself but the real riders are still riding their rigids they've owned since new!!!!!!

The rigids are great! Never considered myself anything but just a plain and simple "rider" since I first started in the mid '50's on a '38 Indian. Guess I'll never be a "real rider" since I've never owned a RK, but I do like their looks. In all those years though I've found that there's nothing about a bike that's more fun than kicking it to life and riding it... I've never cared about what kind or model it was either and never cared about what others thought about what I was riding. Just my .02.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:24 AM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I wanted a RK but when my wife saw the couch on the Ultra, it was a done deal.