Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King owners are real riders.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 05:41 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
I have noticed a trend when i compare the touring line. It seems like those of us who choose a RK choose it for life. The SG, RG are mostly fads and have flooded the market,

Then there is the Road King with its traditional everlasting design, 100% bike just you and the road. Most RK's that I have seen have been tried and proven to be true for miles and miles, it kinda sucks cause I like all of the HD touring line and some are getting a sissy stamp cause of the short-term biker syndrome, and it seems like the drug of choice when it comes to this disorder is the fairing equipped models, come on guys at least keep it until its paid for.
<shrug>
I do agree that the RG, is becoming a "fad".... or maybe the rest of the world is "catching up" to me.... as I see them far more often, than in years past....

but... yes.. you "road king owners" are the only real bikers, and the rest of us are just "wannabes"....
there.... now do you feel better???

Old 12-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have put 94,000 miles on my Ultra in 2.75 years. How many miles did you say you had on that King?

Old 12-23-2010, 05:48 AM
OU812
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Around here there more kings for sale,I love my Street Glide, If all I wanted was a windshield I would have kept my Deluxe. I want a Dyna too.....

Old 12-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Duggr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see, don't put too many electronics on your bike, don't trailer to any events, only one brand, only one brand's model, what happened to just ride?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:46 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by garthj
You beat me to it, the Roadking, Street Glide, they are stripped Electra Glides
Originally Posted by Captain Bligh
I think it is quite the opposite. The Electra Glides and Street Glides are dressed up Road Kings.
Wow, it's like arguing over whether the glass is half full or half empty.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:31 AM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Page 3 of comments and I've already wasted too much time on this thread.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:42 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,993 Likes on 11,603 Posts

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
Wow, it's like arguing over whether the glass is half full or half empty.
" half full or half empty"....either way, its time to empty it and refill !!

Old 12-24-2010, 06:53 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by .357 Magnum
Oh jesus, not this **** again... did you know the answer to what "Harley neeeeeds to do" is the same as it was the last fifteen times some ****** on the internet tried to tell them what to do? Not listen to ******* on the internet!

Learn this well: boys who aren't yet out of the short-pants-wearing phase, and demand motorcycles that can beat their buddies at redlight-to-redlight racing, do not have enough discretionary income to keep any motorcycle manufacturer afloat. Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, BMW, Triumph, all have to supplement their sportbikes with practical commuting and touring bikes because, when they get out of the short-pants-wearing phase, they learn that riding around with their legs all wadded up under their asses gets uncomfortable after a few hundred miles. Cruisers! Tourers! Commuters! Above all, engineering for low maintenance! That's where the money is.

You want to ride, or do you want to do pain-in-the-*** valve adjustments? You want to ride, or do you want to sit around and go through thread after thread on the internet about how to sync multiple carbs? You want to ride, or do you want to fight over which chain oiler works best, or how to lube your chain manually without slinging excess lube everywhere? This is what the other forums talk about. Even the BMW forums have far too many threads about welds breaking and shaft drives bursting into flames (!). Have you read the letters section in this month's MCN? Just got my copy in the mail today: Ducati owners are seeing their plastic tanks melting due to ethanol in fuel! Harley needs to keep building bikes for people who value mechanical simplicity and love to ride. They don't need to repeat their mistakes with Buell and Aprilia, as ******* on the internet keep whining that they should.

Last edited by ChristoHD; 12-24-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:56 AM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't know being stuck indoors and not being able to ride does that to people.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:26 AM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beary
Nationally the Street Glide is MOCO's Number one selling touring bike. Locally the dealers tell me the Ultra is number 1 with the SG number 2. For what ever reason, the RK is the lowest on the touring bike list in this area. The RK sits on the floor forever around here, but the RKC sells very well.

My dealer stated to me once that the SG is todays RK. I think that fits very well.

Beary
Yes, local differences are sure to apply. Gruene HD in New Braunfels, TX, can't seem to keep the Road Glides in stock. They had one on the floor when I was there last week, a few Road Kings, and a plethora of Electra Glides.

Quick Reply: Road King owners are real riders.