Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King owners are real riders.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Daryllawman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I don't care what the other guy has. I have a RK and I do because I like it . They make all kinds of Harleys for all kinds of people. I just happen to be a RK person. Never did care for the fairing and radio on a Harley.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:23 AM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Great thing about the King, dress em up or dress em down, still the King.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:50 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I have always loved the looks of a Harley bagger.Now with the big motors these bikes offer the best of all worlds for this cat.Easily removable bags and shield the bike converts to neat street fighter.Have also owned all sorts of Harleys including one chopper,fad or not glad I had them.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

The are called Road King for a reason ........

Old 12-21-2010, 09:34 AM
mongoose
Tourer

Originally Posted by thealaskan
I remember a time when Harley's were called by their official and appropriate designations.

Nowadays, when someone tells me they have a new RKC, I automatically figure they're going to trade it for the next newest thingamabob in a year or less.
+1000

Is it really that much harder to type FLHX as opposed to SG?

Or maybe a lot of people won't know what FLHX means....

Old 12-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bike is a CVO ( used 10 yrs old ) and yellow (only choice I had for a new FXR - I don't mind the color though ), I am a double loser - damn. Well upward and onward from here. I did use to own a RK and it was a good bike, so was the Ultra I rented once upon a time.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 667 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by JCleary
Quite frankly, I think most BMW riders are real riders, and MOST, not ALL Harley riders are posers and fad followers.

I really wish Harley would invest and build a world-class sport touring bike, similar to a R1200RT, K1200GT, K1600GT, Kawi Concours 14, or Honda ST1300. Make me want to own a Harley for something other than its classic styling...
You exemplify the smug attitude of most BMW riders. Let it go. And understand that Harley builds classic styled motorcycles, not sport tourers.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:54 AM
hdultrac
2nd Gear

whatever helps ya sleep at night!

Old 12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL... I read the title and saw what was coming a mile away.

Full disclosure... I traded my Heritage in for a SG on my last ride of the season before storing it. One of the biggest reasons for the trade for me was music. I love having my tunes on my ride!!!. I got tired of fighting with headphones and didn't like the idea of mounting speakers to my handlebars. I was actually contemplating a fairing, new pipes, tunes and hard bags (never liked the leather bags) when I saw the SG and the dealer gave me a deal that my wife said I'd be "a fool to walk away from".

I went for a few test rides and was surprised how comparable the ride of the SG was to my Heritage ( I expected it to be vastly different). I think much of that had to do with size/weight of the two. I wouldn't rule out a King in my future but I won't know till I've had some miles under my belt with the SG. I've never heard anyone feel the need to defend their choice of cars they drive...just sayin.

The best part of a thread like this is how fired up some people get. For a group of people who supposedly "don't give a s#%t what other people think" ...some seem to care an awful lot.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:10 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The advrider forum post from a little while ago seems to indicate Harley already makes a fantastic sport tourer, aka the Road King Classic.

One of my friends with an '85 FXWG and a 2000-ish FLT makes fun of me, that Road Kings are the new RUB bikes. Whatever, as long as I'm out riding.

Quick Reply: Road King owners are real riders.