Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Edster 69
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing Questions

Just a couple of questions fellas. I have a MS Batwing Fairing with a 5inch black windshield for my RK. My questions are does the 7 or 9 inch sheild as well as the wings deflectors make a difference with the wind tunnel effect? Second has anyone mounted the Hogtunes stereo for the MS fairing and what are your thoughts? Any input would be muchly appreciated.

Happy Holidays

Old 12-19-2010, 05:59 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

This is hearsay. But I just purchased a MS fairing, and researched it quite a bit before the purchase. Are your brackets adjustable as to angle (forward and back)? Some have reported the non-adjustable brackets place the windshield in too much of a laid-back inclination. With the windshield more upright, it's taller, and so will divert the wind moreso than if it's laid down. That sort of speaks to the second question, about a taller windshield. Generally, when someone is experiencing too much wind with a MS batwing, the advice is make the windshield more upright (via the adjustable brackets), and/or put a taller windscreen on. Mine is not here yet, but I ordered a 9". Alan

Old 12-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Edster 69
Cruiser

My brackets are not adjustable. I'm sure the taller windsheild plus the wind deflectors would help with the wind tunnel effect. Thanks for yo
ur input Allan.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Clearview Shields
Former Sponsor
Default Clearview Shields for the Memphis Shades Batwing

Hi all-

Just wanted to mention here that we do manufacture shields for the MS Batwing - you can see what we offer at http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=296

If you have any questions or may want a custom height, please let us know. With our recurve - the protection is awesome while still being able to see over the shield.

Look forward to hearing from you...

Old 12-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I like that 14" tint you have for the MS

Originally Posted by Clearview Shields
Hi all-

Just wanted to mention here that we do manufacture shields for the MS Batwing - you can see what we offer at http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=296

If you have any questions or may want a custom height, please let us know. With our recurve - the protection is awesome while still being able to see over the shield.

Look forward to hearing from you...
Were do you take the measurement from?
Ok, I read the measurement description, never mind.

Last edited by Watch Guy; 12-21-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: edit
Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 PM
blev2577
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hogtunes Radio and MS Fairing

I mounted the Hogtunes MSA1 on the fairing just after Christmas. I can tell you that it has been fantastic. Sound quality is great. I have a 9" windshield and at highway speed, between 65-75 i can hear the music very clearly over any wind noise. At slow speeds the sound is fantastic as well and the thumb volume control is great to have.

My only complaint was the actual mounting, the written instructions arent great and i had to lift my tank in order to snake the wiring back towards the battery. Other than that, however, i couldnt be any more satisfied with this product. Looks good and sounds great. Also, there is a quick disconnect so that you can still remove the fairing for days you don't want it.