Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electraglide to Road Glide "update" finished pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:11 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Electraglide to Road Glide "update" finished pics

Oh, I see... I mis-read too!

I was trying to figure out where 30K for a RG came from.... but it was 30K for a CVO bike. Maybe someday I'll learn to read... maybe not!

Old 09-29-2006, 03:12 AM
ZookHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew you could do it! Looks sweet. Here's my Electra Road Glide:

[IMG]local://upfiles/13976/120048CC479742C4AD5E62A1CC3C9FAF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-29-2006, 04:03 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

maybe the forum should start our own (photo section? lol) for those that have more time than good sense??? lol

Old 09-29-2006, 09:04 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ya did good!!

Old 09-29-2006, 10:31 AM
bucs012
Road Master

Looks great! HD will have one out in 08 after seeing your scoot!

Old 09-29-2006, 10:38 AM
allen.m
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!!

Old 09-29-2006, 11:39 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are thinking about a switch from eGlide to rGlide give me a PM. I have the complete take off setup from a Blk & Sil 2003 RoadGlide. Bike was converted to an eGlide by the local dealership. Includes fairings, windshield, plastic dash components, mounting brackets, etc. The only thing you might need is some nuts & bolts and the electrical extension that I see them talk about in these threads. It is in Very good Condition. I need $950. Plus shipping. Located in North Central Ohio

Old 09-30-2006, 06:03 PM
doch4m
Cruiser

Howdy Mike,

Looks great. Congratulations.

Mine just seems to get better and better.

Ride safe.

Doug

Old 09-30-2006, 06:56 PM
gliderman
Road Captain

Been thinking about dong this myself to the Street Glide. After doing the conversion, can you make any comparisons on the handling of the bike compared to your E-Glide. Does it ride/ handle any better with the frame mounted fairing??

Old 03-25-2007, 03:44 AM
beemer737
Tourer

Howdy folks, I'm on day two of the Eglide to RG conversion and instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would add my experiencesto this thread. I am starting with a2000 Aztec Orange EG classic, no cruise, no CB, 11,000 miles. I did not want to trade over to the RG, I liked my color combination.

I started looking for parts and realized that new OEM would be well over $2,000; ouch. Luckily, IfoundAlazlo on these webpages who cut me a good deal on all the major components needed from a 2003 RG (fairings, brackets, wires, lights, handlebar, etc).Added note, here is his website where he lists the parts needed and cost:
http://www.lazlographics.com/eBay1.html

Since the RG fairing was silver/black, I opted for anotherOEM HDfairing with factory matching paint vice letting a local painter try to match, it took 6 weeks to deliver, matches perfectly even 7 years after manufacture. Also, an OEM repair manual is a must.

With my schedule cleared, Day one consisted of stripping the Eglide front end, took about 2 hours, no suprises, most of the time taken by labeling the harness so I knew what connected to what. I used this article to help:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_335883/tm.htm

Doc4m was talented enough to try an even harder morph of a cop bike to a roadlgide. I was worried that my interconnect harness for the eglide would not fit the RG, the dealer showed me the part numbers are the same for a 2000EG and RGinterconnect harness, other years through 2004 appeared to be the same.

Day two found the bike being thrown into RG tack. Mounted inner fairing and radio, and four small guages. Tried out the EG interconnect harness, and it appears to fit fine, the only plug left unplugged is the Ultra connector, which I don't have. First problems raise their head; as seen on Doc4ms weblog, I also noted the bracket over the steering bearing bolt would be in the way. Evidently the EG uses the bracket to protect the wires as the harness turns with the handlbars. An RG is just the opposite, this EG bracket would cut the RG harness, so it must go. I ordered a new RG washer to replace this bracketfrom the dealer. Second rather simple problem,the Speedo and Tach would not seat firmly enough in the RG fairing/pod, the rubber gasket wasn't thick enough and or the RG pod fairing was a bit thinner. Solution, ordered two more gaskets per instrument. Last problem, the EG front turn signals mounting hardware was not the same part number as the RG for this year. The lights would work, but the bracket that bolts the light to the RG fairing wouln't work.I didn't feel like jury rigging this, so new bullet style smoked lights and brackets ordered. Problem is, I'm now on hold for 7-10 days till the parts show, more later!

PS, while I was at the dealer i saw the oil temp kit for the EG, I bought it, mistake!!! I spent two hours trying to get the fitting provided to line up with the OEM supply ports, ain't happening. Evidently, HD switched nipples mid year, so this kit goes back. I'm thinking VDO will work with a sensor in the pan or line to the oil cooler... I'm in AZ, I'm not worried about it reading low...

29 Mar 07 UPDATE: Haven't really worked on, still gathering parts ***** nilly. I removed the RG stock cruise and speaker switches and replaced them with the stock classic EG spot and auz switch. I figured I would use the spot for the foglight switch which I wired using the HD supplied harness that came with the foglight kit. I wired the aux switch into the harness so I have the option of using that if needed later (aux supply under the seat for heated vest or such). I a

Quick Reply: Electraglide to Road Glide "update" finished pics