Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big A$$ Bike Cover Needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big A$$ Bike Cover Needed

I need to be able to cover my bike potentially with a load of camping and other gear for a 24-day trip. I doubt a standard model-based cover will do. I'm looking for something that's taller in the back than the average cover that will not only cover my tour Pak, but other stuff on top of it.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

my big grey H-D cover is plenty baggy- but if you needed more "height" could you get a local alteration shop to sew a "skirt" to the bottom of a standard cover to get you the height you need, and still cover to the ground?

and make sure you get the one that says "honda" on it, nobody will mess with your bike

Mike

Old 12-14-2010, 07:06 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Check Walmart....Cheap,well made and very large...You can always take it back if not happy... Just write Yamahaha or Hohonda on the side and you will be safe.. LOL....
P.S. By the look of you on your bike are you planing on sleeping on the bike and using the cover for a tent? :-)

Old 12-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ktm_scott
I need to be able to cover my bike potentially with a load of camping and other gear for a 24-day trip. I doubt a standard model-based cover will do. I'm looking for something that's taller in the back than the average cover that will not only cover my tour Pak, but other stuff on top of it.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
I might be misreading what you're trying to accomplish,but if those were my goals I'd figure the cover would rise up higher than normal to accomodate my extra gear on the tourpak and probably only cover the saddlebags from around the latches up which wouldn't be bad coverage at all.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:44 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

+1 on the Walmart cover. Packs small and it worked fine on my last camping trip. Had stuff piled pretty high.

Attached Thumbnails Big A$$ Bike Cover Needed-brp-3-.jpg  
Old 12-15-2010, 10:12 AM
REDHEAD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not knowing What protection you are looking for:
May I suggest a KING sized Cotton bed sheet... then a plastic cover to go over that.

I have used a queen sheet of COTTON and it has worked out for my Dust protection on all my Many HD's over the years..

I have never liked the Fit covers as they don't allow Breathing like the sheets do...

The Flannel sheet is really soft and doesn't give the RUB that the smooth cotton does..

I mean this Post ONLY to help out IF you think it a jok,,,, IT was not Meant that way... Try IT you may like it..

A fancy cover INVITES LOOKERS,,,, cotton sheet keeps the Looker away.. Thinking " Can't be any thing of value Under That" ESPecially if it looks USED,,, YOU know where to PUT the SPOT,, OOOOooo,, Thats what I mean..

signed....REDHEAD