Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Police version Tour-Pac

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:27 PM
MikeA
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King Police version Tour-Pac

I have a 2003 Road King Police and I am considering the Police version Tour Pac. I have the hard bags with the reverse opening so from what I understand a normal Tour Pack won't work. If any has one, is it practical, how about passengers, or any other pros and cons? The catalog dosen't offer up much info or good pics. Thanks Mike

Old 09-27-2006, 07:46 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Default RE: Road King Police version Tour-Pac

Mike,
look at my photo gallery,you'll see i have a 2004 electra glide police with the same bags you have,I have a king tour pak mounted up on my bike it needs to be spaced up abit and the bags will clear the tour pak,if you go with the police tour/duty box(alot smaller) it will work fine with no spacing,just make sure you order one "without" holes for lights in it any questions,let me know,i can give you the whole list of what you need to mount the king tour pak.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:14 PM
MikeA
Novice

Mike, Thanks for the reply. I kind of like the idea of the smaller cop version for looks, but it may be impractical. The Harley catalog talks about a bunch of electrical goodies included, but I am not sure if that is just the lighted version or both. I have the flat black deck left behind with the air tank under it. What exactly goes and what stays? Mike

Old 09-28-2006, 05:24 PM
kpshooter
Cruiser

Check out http://www.squadfitters.com for police tour pacs. They carry both Whelen and their own line in several styles - both with and without light cutouts.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:38 PM
ZookHD
Tourer

My department (LAPD) uses S&S top boxes (no relation to the motor company). They are great and much more affordable than squadrippers. They have them in several sizes. E-mail me if you want the number. ZOOK